Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glockmeister reset kit

Ron_Miami

Glock makes a 17 variant with a trigger that resets, I think they call it the 17R. We use it for the Range 2000 machine. If this is the same reset setup or based on that, don't waste the money. It's great to have the reset for this purpose but the trigger feel is totally different.

Okay, here comes the report.

The Glockmeister triger reset assembly is a standard Glock factory trigger assembly that has been modified in several ways.

- The sear face has been ground off of the cruciform arm, so as not to engage the striker.

- There's a large 'bent' coil spring in place of the standard trigger spring. This spring is connected to the cruciform so that it pushes the trigger forward.

- There's a big relief cut behind the connector, which allows the connector to flex out of the way of the trigger bar. Also, the safety cut in the trigger assembly has been modified so that the cruciform can only move straight back - not downward like in a standard Glock.

- There's no ejector - the Glockmeister trigger reset kit cannot be used to fire a real cartridge.

How it works: the trigger safety works as normal. The bent trigger spring provides weight for the first stage (as well as the reset.) As the trigger bar moves back, the bar contacts the connector, but cannot move downwards because of the modified safety slot cut. Instead, the trigger bar presses back on the connector, which flexes enough for the trigger bar to slip past - this provides the second-stage break.

How well it works: Installation is a cinch - if you can field-strip your Glock, you can install this part. I dropped it into my Glock 35, which has a $5.00 polish-and-spring trigger job by Yours Truly.

From the factory, the Glockmeister trigger reset kit was quite heavy (7.5# on my scale) and crisp - very much like the old NY#1 spring/3.5# connector combo. I played with the trigger as is for a while, and while I found it useful, I wanted something more like my 4# modified trigger. I ended up pulling out the connector and grinding a U-shaped notch in it about 3/8" down from the engagement lip - this allows it to bend more easily. I polished everything up, smeared it with Slide-Glide, and Presto Changeo! 4.5# trigger. I can still tell the difference from my real trigger (the feel is not exactly the same) but it is much closer.

One change I would like to see - a colored trigger. I put an orange paint spot on each side of my trigger, so I won't mistakenly take my Glock to a match with the wrong trigger installed.

All in all, this was $65 well spent. Being able to reset the trigger without recocking the gun...well, I've found it very useful in my dry-fire regimen.

Buy one.

- Chris

Hi, Chris.

That's a great explanation of how the Glockmeister trigger reset works! I recently bought one. Like you, I found the pull a bit too heavy. In fact, after dry firing for a couple of sessions, the pull became heavier and even started to bind/stick. I added a few drops of oil and the pull smoothed out and reduced by a couple of pounds. Now it's almost too light!?

Ron, I'm also new to Glocks, and I find the Glockmeister tirgger reset very useful for dry fire practice. It does not perfectly replicate the feel of the normal trigger, but it's close enough to be helpful.

Regards,

Leo

• 1 month later...

Be advised. I've already broken the spring in my Glockmeister kit. It still works with a shorter spring but feels different. Hopefully I can buy just a spring.

You can make your own autoreset kit with a little work using a NY trigger spring. It takes a little chopping and some strong epoxy but it works and is WAY cheaper. I will go that route if/when this Glockmeister Kit stops totally working again.

Got it today.

Sort of a semi-expensive gimmick. Feels similar to a box-stock trigger, just that the weight builds up all at the end, where a real trigger jumps to a 2nd stage [pushing the striker] about 2/3rds of the way through.

The funny part is - just pulling against the take-up spring and returning back forward - without the break at the end the stroke feels a lot like the Vanek trigger. A tiny bit lighter, maybe 18oz vs 22oz, but close.

Yep. Just put the Vanek parts back in to compare. Uncanny how close the effort is to the Glockmeister kit pulling only the take-up.

• 3 weeks later...

Rockclimbg

If you could copy that email to me and to Chp5 that would be great.

Broke the spring on mine last nite after having it 3.5 weeks. GMeister is sending me more for free. Have to admit I probably fired 10000 "shots" or more already.

Using this for practice really is a benefit for me, especially when I put the Advantage Arms 22 slide on top. That gives me a dryfire gun that weighs about 18oz including a brass magwell. With my back and shoulder injuries, that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

My email is Rockclimbg@hotmail.com just send an email my way and I'll send you the pics of my modded parts.

It's pretty easy, you just have to butcher up a NY1 kit and a trigger which are both cheap parts. I've been using it instead of my broke Glockmeister kit with no problems.

Rockclimbg

• 3 months later...

For what it's worth, I've stopped using the auto reset kit for the summer months as I found it was messing up my live fire trigger control. My results have gotten a little better since going back to just using the stock trigger for dry fire practice. Although I will dust it off for the winter months as it helps with the boredom factor.

Rockclimbg

I purchased the Glockmeister re-set kit from Lenny Magill especially so I could use it with the Beamhit in-barrel laser system as Magill advertised that combination would work. I had it installed in another Glock identical in configuration to my carry Glock 19 but it didn't actuate the laser and when I checked with Glockmeister they say it was never designed to use with any laser set-up.

I continue presently to use it for dry-fire only and it works well but I'm told that Glockmeister is working up a new version that will work with the in-barrel Beamhit. Magill promises to trade out trigger kits with me when or if happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...