Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SS nationals wait list, slots?

trp

So i was wondering how exactly this works with slots and the wait list, I sent in an app the day they opened they released it but if I don't get one of those how do I go about getting a slot?

This would be my first nats and would love to shoot it this year if I can get in

Any info would be great?

Mark

So if there's 380 spots do they hand out that many slots and then the ones that don't get used go to people that sent in apps on the wait list?

I don't know that USPSA offers all 380 slots out to the Section Coordinators and Match Directors. I believe the slot distribution to the clubs is based on the number of club members who regularly shoot that division based on classifiers.

Since you have gotten your app in early, you should have no problems getting into the match with or without a slot.

From the website: http://1911ssc.com/register/

Match entry is by USPSA slots award. Slots are sent to USPSA Section Coordinators by the USPSA office for competitor distribution during November, 2013. Competitors expecting to receive slots should contact their Section Coordinators to insure timely receipt. Completed slot forms and entry fees must be received at the Match address NO LATER THAN December 31, 2013. All entries received after that date will be treated as open-entry, space available.

USPSA members who have not received slots (yet) may still enter the Match NOW using the form provided by the link below. If you enter NOW, and receive a slot before the December 31st deadline, SEND THE SLOT FORM IMMEDIATELY and you will be processed into the Match by the date of your original paid entry and not be wait-listed. Open entries will be processed first-come, first-served by date of postmark after all slot entries are processed.

The Single-Stack Nationals is limited to 390 total competitors, 130 competitors each day, 13 squad of 10 shooters each day. 14 stages; approx. 225 rounds. Competitors may choose to shoot Thursday May 1st, Friday May 2nd, or Saturday May 3rd. Match Staff will shoot on Wednesday April 30th. The slot entry form will contain check-boxes for competitors to select the day they want to shoot. Choice of day will be first-come, first-served by date of receipt. BE SURE AND INDICATE YOUR CHOICE OF DAYS!

The Single-Stack Nationals does NOT use self squadding. Please include a list of requested squad members with your entry form. Please have all members of the squad include the same list with their own entry form. Please make sure all shooters on the list want to shoot together. Please do not ask to be squadded with “Super Squad” shooters. Shooters cannot be squadded until their entries are received. We will make every effort to accommodate squadding requests. The best way to make sure you are squadded with your friends is for everybody to ENTER EARLY!

Squadding will not be posted until the week before the Match. Competitor entries will be posted on the link below as they are enrolled.

You will receive an email confirmation when enrolled in the Match.

Kathy Lumley/Match Registrar
Kathy@1911ssc.com
(217) 257-7199

Wait are you saying they already have the application out...before the slots?

Every year.....

People who send apps in are waitlisted by the SS Society, to the best of my understanding, until 01/01 -- the day after the deadline for USPSA slots to be mailed to the SSS.

Wait are you saying they already have the application out...before the slots?

Every year.....

People who send apps in are waitlisted by the SS Society, to the best of my understanding, until 01/01 -- the day after the deadline for USPSA slots to be mailed to the SSS.

I've always had a slot from somewhere so I never paid attention but that seems backwards. If you don't know your getting a slot you better get your application in. Then if you get a slot you mail that in after you've sent in your application?

Yup.....

The match is not administered by USPSA, i.e. your slots don't go to the home office, but to the SSS.....

And it seems fairly efficient to me, since they should know by 01/01 if they have enough registered/paid competitors to actually hold the match ~ 4 months later.....

USPSA's eligibility year for SS runs from 10/1 - 9/30 -- they base slots on activity during those 12 months, for that match only....

For all other nationals, the slots eligibility period is the prior calendar year....

Limited nationals, was the ap available the same time slots went out?

Nope. USPSA runs their matches differently than SSS.....

They don't make apps available per se, but start a waitlist instead. Though come to think of it, I think that started a few weeks before the slot deadline.....