Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ newbie requesting CZ 75 TS info

walnutty

Hi Guys,

For some reason I've regained a renewed interest in the CZ platform. I just purchased a P-01 and it's still in the waiting period. There's just so many positive reviews regarding this gun so I decided to purchase one for myself.

For my next CZ purchase I'm considering a Tactical Sport in 9mm just for general target shooting. I've read several reviews in this forum already but still have a few questions.

1. Do the new CZ TS in 9mm come with the regular mags that are used on the CZ 75? Will mec-gar mags fit?

2. Would the CZ TS be too much gun for just plain shooting fun? I'm also considering just a plain CZ 75B, but I'm still deciding if the doubled cost of the CZ TS justifies what I intend to shoot it for.

I enjoy shooting a finely made firearm rather then several "low-end" basic models. However, I don't want a gun that will require special parts (like mags), etc. that will make my life complicated.

Thanks in advance!

I think a TS may be more CZ than you need. I have a SP-01 Shadow, a P-01, an SP-01 Phantom and a RAMI and they are plenty nice without resorting to spending $1,200.00 on a TS that takes TS only mags (big $$).

Get a Shadow or a standard CZ and upgrade the sights and a little DIY trigger work and I think you'll be happy with it.

CZ USA sells a conversion kit to use the standard mags, although it costs more than a few TS mags. I wouldn't worry about the mags, the TS comes with three.

As a guy with nearly a dozen CZ 75 pattern pistols, I can tell you the TS is the ultimate. Is it worth it? That depends how much you have to spend...

I have 3 Tactical Sports. Two in 40s&w, and one in 9mm. I can put rounds in a 6 inch paper plate all day at 25 yards, and can put 8 out of 10 rounds in a 6 inch paper plate standing, shooting freestyle at 50 yards with iron sights. I would say yes, it will be a good gun to shoot targets with. If you can afford it, buy it, enjoy it, and don't look back. You can always re-sell it for what ever you paid for it.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered the TS. It will arrive monday. I almost bought the 75B, but wanted something really special.

I'm very excited. How could I have ignored this pistol for such a long time? They were lots cheaper several years ago too.

Hi Guys,

I inspected the gun and DROS'ed it yesterday. It's a beautiful gun and the trigger is awesome. I will just need to adjust the trigger overtravel on that one.

BTW, does anyone know what the factory recoil spring rating is for the 9mm TS?

Thanks again.