Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you shooting at Revolver Nationals 6 or 8?

Koppi

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man qualified his opinion on how fun it appeared to him Mike. Let someone else speak and be heard without chastising them for sour grapes. Not everyone thinks like you. It doesn't make them any less of a shooter, nor does it make their opinion less valid. That particular guy happens to be a good revo shooter and his opinion is definitely valid on this forum.

On a lighter note:

Personally I want to carry six single action pistols and load them all with six shots. I hereby propose the Single Six Major Rule: Six revolvers loaded with six rounds of Major PF ammunition each to be drawn and fired in pairs in each hand or singly at shooters discretion. No reloading during the COF allowed; 36 shots to do it all in. Empty firearms must be holstered safely before the next is drawn. Now that sounds like fun and I know exactly where I can try it!

There's no reason for non-revolver guys to even have an opinion on this.

Exactly. Enough with the sour grapes routine.

First non-revolver guys can't have a opinion on this and now even a revolver shooter can't have a opinion on this.

Mike this is a forum and sorry but not everyone is going to see it your way. By the way I'm sure you don't care but I stated before I would support 8 minor when I seen how it was going to be implemented

and what was going to be done with the classifiers but never got any response until 10PM the night before the rule went into effect. Now revolver division is getting roasted because of this.

While I'm sure that this will bring a few new shooters in the mix. I also see a couple of the regular revolver shooters that I shoot with signed up for OTHER divisions at a couple of majors that I have signed up for. SAD INDEED

Exactly. Enough with the sour grapes routine.

While I agree with Carmony here, this is getting a bit too personal. Would any of you behave like this to each other in person?

Let's get back to the topic of what you're bringing to nationals. I won't be there as that is my first wedding anniversary.

Edited by PatJones

it was absolutely NO FREAKIN' FUN shooting it with 8 rounds.

Then shoot your six shooter. Just because you can shoot 8 minor doesn't mean you have to...

You are correct, my point was fun or not, the 8 shot was about 12% increase in overall hit factor, it has changed what REVO was all about

John, I'm sorry if it came across like I was trying to squelch your opinion. That wasn't fair of me.

I'm just sensitive about this whole issue right now. I've shot one match since the 8-minor rule went into effect, and caught flak because the classifier they happened to select was one of those that got suddenly shitcanned on Feb. 1. Like it was my fault.

The 8-shot thing was started out of a genuine and good-hearted desire to improve participation in Revolver division. I hate the fact that it has upset people, and that problems have developed. I hate the fact that I finally feel excited about shooting my revolvers again--that my own interest in the division is rejuvenated--only to find others grumbling and embittered about it.

We will see what happens, but I really sincerely hope that everybody gives it a fair chance.

Mike, no worries from me my REVO Brother, I understand your views, and respect them. I also would like to see more revo shooters. As someone who started his own shooting sport and started and runs a USPSA club, teaches shooting for a living (a meager one at that) and even helps out for large IDPA matches (which I do for the shooters, not for a sport I disdain), I just feel that my opinion has a bit of merit. There are many on these forums that hide behind screen names and just troll along with fear of saying the wrong thing. That ain't me. I agree that everyone gives it a fair chance, but look at all the plain regular folks that may want to shoot a GP100 with speedloaders or someone taking Grandpa's old police issued model 10 out for fun at a match. With 8 shot guns there, they have NO CHANCE. To open the door for 20, while closing it for 100's, does not good sense to me make!!!

At last year's USPSA Revo Nats, Jerry shot 75% A hits, with no penalties. It was one of the cleanest matches I have seen him shoot.

But that would be a lot of points down if he were saddled with minor scoring.

Do you think he would shoot it the same shooting minor?

At last year's USPSA Revo Nats, Jerry shot 75% A hits, with no penalties. It was one of the cleanest matches I have seen him shoot.

But that would be a lot of points down if he were saddled with minor scoring.

Do you think he would shoot it the same shooting minor?

No I'd bet he shoots more "A's" in the same times. I'd also wager he will test that theory this year. I'm planning on going to see, how about you?

John, I'm sorry if it came across like I was trying to squelch your opinion. That wasn't fair of me.

I'm just sensitive about this whole issue right now. I've shot one match since the 8-minor rule went into effect, and caught flak because the classifier they happened to select was one of those that got suddenly shitcanned on Feb. 1. Like it was my fault.

The 8-shot thing was started out of a genuine and good-hearted desire to improve participation in Revolver division. I hate the fact that it has upset people, and that problems have developed. I hate the fact that I finally feel excited about shooting my revolvers again--that my own interest in the division is rejuvenated--only to find others grumbling and embittered about it.

We will see what happens, but I really sincerely hope that everybody gives it a fair chance.

Mike lots of us are "sensitive" about this and I apologize for zinging some of your posts as I don't understand some of the responses on here, from you and others. WE all have a say in what happens in OUR sport and I don't get the "you don't shoot revolver so you don't count stuff".

Lots of people are overreacting to this change an all sides. Some are reading the worst into it and say it will forever change the sport and some are saying it is the Savior of revolver division. Neither side has anything to back that up.(yet)

USPSA further changed this rule without telling anyone how it was to be implemented and I think that is as much the problem as the actual rule change.

I was neutral on the 8 shot thing but after the last few weeks and some of the comments from the pro 8 shot crowd I would NOT support 8 shot if it was brought up for a vote now.

It is sad that some have went to other divisions because of this and I hope when the dust settles they will return.

I will shoot which ever gun suits the match for a few months and will see how it pans out.

I don't know if the rule change has anything to do with it but I did some checking on revolver registration at the Area 6 match over the past few years:

- in 2011 Area 6 match had 4 revolver shooters

- in 2012 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- in 2013 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- Registered for the 2014 Area 6 match are 13 revolver shooters

It will be interesting to see what the ratio of 6 to 8 shot revolvers will be. I'm working the match and plan to ask every revolver shooter I see which they are shooting. I'll be shooting my 625.

I don't know if the rule change has anything to do with it but I did some checking on revolver registration at the Area 6 match over the past few years:

- in 2011 Area 6 match had 4 revolver shooters

- in 2012 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- in 2013 Area 6 match had 5 revolver shooters

- Registered for the 2014 Area 6 match are 13 revolver shooters

It will be interesting to see what the ratio of 6 to 8 shot revolvers will be. I'm working the match and plan to ask every revolver shooter I see which they are shooting. I'll be shooting my 625.

Good--seems like a positive trend, at least in that particular piece of geography.

Hi Guys, I think, maybe not, so I won't offend, Hi Gals also,

Wow did this take off from my question. I hope all of you replied with what you are going to shoot.

Other than that it is a great discussion. My two cents are, what ever gets the head count up. Also, I like shooting revo, if it takes an 8 shot to be competitive I'll get one. One other aspect I like is no one really knows which one will be the best choice. One other thing, I hope this is not the last Revo Nats. Its going to be my second and it is a BLAST.

OH! I know that there are at least two more guys from MN going that did not go last year. Great News!