Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much N320 with 124gr RN 1.130 OAL?

NicVerAZ

I am working on a good load using Frontier 124gr RN with N320 powder and an OAL between 1.130 and 1.135 (which works well for my gun).

I tried a 4.0gr of N320 but I found it to be a bit hot and I was not too happy with the accuracy (yes, I worked out my crimping issue reported before).

What would you advise?

Thanks in advance!

Really just a feel test. I have not had the time to chrono yet.

You're spinning your wheels and wasting components!

Agreed.

I originally loaded these bullets with 3.8 grains based upon some recipes i found online and when i chorno'd them i was getting 118 power factor. Huge waste of time although they sure did feel great. :P

I am working on a good load using Frontier 124gr RN with N320 powder and an OAL between 1.130 and 1.135 (which works well for my gun).

I tried a 4.0gr of N320 but I found it to be a bit hot and I was not too happy with the accuracy (yes, I worked out my crimping issue reported before).

What would you advise?

Thanks in advance!

What type of gun???

4.0 gr is too hot for you??? hmmm... Angus H. load is 1.1" Oal 4.1 N320...

What would you advise?

Thanks in advance!

What type of gun???

4.0 gr is too hot for you??? hmmm... Angus H. load is 1.1" Oal 4.1 N320...

He uses JHP.