Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shockbottle Products and Info

shred

Except for blems and refurbs, we sell to dealers who maintain their own stock levels, so can't say for sure who has what, but Christmas and Black Friday cleaned many of them out of the popular calibers, although some should have a bit of stock left. We expect more production of 9, 40 and .45 gauges early in Jan and will get them into the dealer pipeline as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there,

Do you have any Canadian shipping partners that sell the easy off aluminum glock base pads?

We are working on it but don't currently have anyone stocking the Glock basepads in Canada at this time.

I would really like to see a Large Frame Tanfoglio base pad, where the front is extended and curved to match the contour of the front of the grip. It would effectively extend the grip, and give your more space for your fingers to grip the gun. Flat bottom is still fine.

Example of what Tanfoglio used to offer 'AC002- ALUMINUM PAD':

post-33893-0-73210200-1430755809_thumb.j

I would really like to see a Large Frame Tanfoglio base pad, where the front is extended and curved to match the contour of the front of the grip. It would effectively extend the grip, and give your more space for your fingers to grip the gun. Flat bottom is still fine.

Some of our first prototypes were like that, but the problem was the long nose on the basepad jacks the magazine tube away from the index finger angle on reloads. We may go back and mess with that design eventually for people that want the extended grip feature, but it will likely be a while.

Some of our first prototypes were like that, but the problem was the long nose on the basepad jacks the magazine tube away from the index finger angle on reloads. We may go back and mess with that design eventually for people that want the extended grip feature, but it will likely be a while.

Hmm, it doesn't seem like it would be that much of a problem. Do people have that much trouble reloading with the factory Mecgar basepads? You don't by chance have any still sitting around the shop somewhere of the old design do you? I guess PM me if you do.

• 1 month later...

What gauge would you recommend for a 9mm KKM barrel?

The regular one or the match?

Most people we know with KKM barrels are happy with the regular. Unless you see rounds that pass the gauge not fit in the barrel (and not due to OAL) then the supermatch generally rejects a lot of ammo that will work fine.

• 1 year later...

I got a 9mm SB from Stoeger pro shop. Problem I am having is rounds that fail my Barstow barrel or Wilson gage drop right in and out of the SB.  I believe this is the regular match version.  

13 hours ago, GregJ said:

I got a 9mm SB from Stoeger pro shop. Problem I am having is rounds that fail my Barstow barrel or Wilson gage drop right in and out of the SB.  I believe this is the regular match version.  

That's not good.   We'll need to do a bit of investigating to see what's going on with your gauge.  If you can e-mail contact@shockbottle.com with the number on your gauge, we can go through the analysis a bit easier.

In previous cases, the issue is often a combination of a slightly short chamber-leade combined with a bullet loaded over it's designed OAL such as truncated-cone bullets which need to be loaded shorter than 1.169" in 9x19.

If the gauge is out of spec, we'll replace it with another although for a refund you'll have to work with your retailer.