Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting true irons at Major 3gun?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to further research having an all irons match.. Maybe in the middle if winter when

Cabin fever is in full swing.

I'm in. Somewhere I've got a fixed carry handle AR that has been ignored for too long...just gotta find it (and maybe practice with it :blush: )

Trapr, not every stage has ROs as good as Brian, Ryan and Bryan!

:).

I'm kidding, all the stages ran on time this year through the work of a bunch of great ROs.

I thought for simplicity sake Ryan was renamed Brian, at least for out squad.

Trapr, not every stage has ROs as good as Brian, Ryan and Bryan!

:).

I'm kidding, all the stages ran on time this year through the work of a bunch of great ROs.

I thought for simplicity sake Ryan was renamed Brian, at least for out squad.

We only renamed him for a few squads. We didn't want to give Ryan a complex.... :)

Everyone in irons division will be shooting only irons at next weekends US Carbine Association National Championship.

I normally shoot irons, but with their rule set that they have I'd have to shoot tac optics because of how funny the pistol rules are.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It was the true iron shooters that argued to allow 1x into a threatened and endangered division.

Not all of us.

Hurley

This has been beat to death...BUT, while the RDS and even LPV don't provide an (or much) advantage on closer targets , or even longer ones that can be seen, they both provide a decided advantage shooting from awkward positions IMO.

It was the true iron shooters that argued to allow 1x into a threatened and endangered division.

Not all of us.

Hurley

This has been beat to death...BUT, while the RDS and even LPV don't provide an (or much) advantage on closer targets , or even longer ones that can be seen, they both provide a decided advantage shooting from awkward positions IMO.

It's not just awkward positions, it's an advantage to just throw a rifle up and see a dot on brown and pull the trigger than to line up a pair of sights.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jesse, Quantity does not make a "major" match, especially one on its first year, now unless I'm wrong and this USCA thing has been around for more than a year or two.

Having looked at the ruleset, and listened to the replies from what I believe to be the association, the "iron" division is the entry level. Unless the likes of Bruce Piatt, Kelly Neal, Robbie Johnson, Kurt Miller, or any of the other "true" Iron sight masters are there, it isn't a Major Iron sight match!!............. just sayin'

If i'm wrong then I'll retract my statement.

Trapr

Too bad. I'm enjoying irons. I wish more competitors shared the same interest.

I do have a question maybe some of you more.... um.... "experienced" iron sighters answer. I've always had excellent vision. 20/15 in fact. The past couple of years though, my eye sight has been slowly degrading and I am becoming far sighted. The front sight of my rifle is right at about the edge of where I can focus, and sometimes it takes some effort to pull that focus in. I have to wear reading glasses now for small print. Can Rx glasses fix the far sightedness without negatively impacting my clarity at distance? Or is it more of a give and take type thing?

I do have a question maybe some of you more.... um.... "experienced" iron sighters answer. I've always had excellent vision. 20/15 in fact. The past couple of years though, my eye sight has been slowly degrading and I am becoming far sighted. The front sight of my rifle is right at about the edge of where I can focus, and sometimes it takes some effort to pull that focus in. I have to wear reading glasses now for small print. Can Rx glasses fix the far sightedness without negatively impacting my clarity at distance? Or is it more of a give and take type thing?

BWWWAAAAhhhahaaa... welcome to my hell... :devil:

jj

eta;

and I am in too...a Bryan/Bryan all-irons match would be kewl!

Edited by RiggerJJ

jj

eta;

And here I thought you were in your own special sort of hell. well, I'll keep at it. Gotta beat Kuan Watson before I'm blind.

Edited by co-exprs

jj

eta;

Glasses can help, just make sure you use the same ones all of the time. I have noticed that when I switch glasses, my point of impact shifts a little. I talked to the optometrist about this and she told me that all glasses would have a slight variance in the lenses and could cause this. You can also talk to your optometrist about measuring the distance from your eye to the front sight of your rifle and making your glasses for that distance. I can still see fine at distance, but my arms have gotten too short for me to read without glasses.

Hurley