Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cracked Slide.

98sr20ve

post-8280-0-47081800-1383594955_thumb.jp

Probably over 100K rounds. I have been shooting the gun for about 6+ years. Didn't notice the crack until I cleaned the gun. I did have a round not go into battery while shooting. Tapped the rear of the slide. Still didn't go in. Ejected the round. New round did not go in even with a tap. Ejected it and the third went in. Don't know for sure that this was when it cracked. It ran fine for at least another 200 rds after that. Called Glock. They were very "uninterested" is the nice way to say it. But he did say "Just send the slide in and we will look at it". Can't really expect much else I guess at this point. Glad I don't have to send the entire gun in.

I think that's really cool that Glock is willing to replace stuff like that. I hope they take care of you buddy and you get a brand new slide. Just out of curiousity what model Glock is it?

I have a cracked (same place) 17L slide from a '88 ported 17L. Never tried to get it replaced, but think I might send it to them and see what happens. Worse thing would be I get my cracked slide back.

attachicon.gifIMG_20131104_125304_6591.jpg

Probably over 100K rounds. I have been shooting the gun for about 6+ years. Didn't notice the crack until I cleaned the gun. I did have a round not go into battery while shooting. Tapped the rear of the slide. Still didn't go in. Ejected the round. New round did not go in even with a tap. Ejected it and the third went in. Don't know for sure that this was when it cracked. It ran fine for at least another 200 rds after that. Called Glock. They were very "uninterested" is the nice way to say it. But he did say "Just send the slide in and we will look at it". Can't really expect much else I guess at this point. Glad I don't have to send the entire gun in.

Wow. That's a lot of rounds though it. Just curious how many barrels that took.

(new G34 owner).

attachicon.gifIMG_20131104_125304_6591.jpg

Wow. That's a lot of rounds though it. Just curious how many barrels that took.

(new G34 owner).

Well, I started with the OEM barrel. Tried a LW barrel and sold it because it would lead horribly with every combo of bullet I tried. Got a KKM and shoot only lead. Lead won't wear out a barrel.

Edited by 98sr20ve

They received the slide last week but I did not have serial number of the gun when I called to check on it. They acknowledged they have it because they have the ability to see it through the tracking number I gave them but said it takes nearly a week to get to the right place. I can see this is going to take a little while. Never call Glock with out the serial number of the gun. I just assumed that they would link the Name with the Serial Number but that is clearly not the case.