Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best hotel for the 2005 Nationals

I've always stayed in the Fairfield Inn, but was VERY dissatisfied with my most recent visit. The nonsmoking room smelled of smoke, and in spite of complaining the situation was never rectified. And the walls are paper thin. On the plus side it is nice having breakfast there at the hotel, and I enjoy the abundance of restaurants in Quincy.

I heard that all the big dogs stay in Hannibal because it's closer to the range, I'm considering Hannibal for July......

What are your experiences?

i stayed at the holiday inn this year for the first time just for convenience but do not recommend the establishment.

i also requested a nonsmoking room and found the odor repugnant along with an ashtray. one of the beds was broken and the carpet was never vacuumed.

i've been to barry three times and the first two times i stayed at the ice house. the ice house is very convenient, two minutes from the range nice for showers. however, if you want to eat something other than wendy's you'll have to drive into hannibal or quincy to do so.

i might try and stay in hannibal this year.

I don't mean to contradict Lim40, but my experience has been a little different. The Holiday Inn has been up to Carol's standards so far --- and she spends all day there relaxing while I'm at the range. Clean, comfortable, and usually out of ice in the mornings or right after you get back from the range.....

Breakfast has been included the last two years. The beds are comfortable. High Speed Internet Access is provided in the rooms and lobby.

I'm with L-40, highly recommend against Holiday Inn. I had a very similar experience and in disgust went accross the street to the Days Inn. I know there was a long thread about this earlier, but I had a good experience at the Days Inn. Best thing about it was the price, something like $32 a night (weekly rate I guess). My room was cleaned every day unless I specified elsewise, cable TV, AC worked, at least 1 of the 2 ice machines worked, and a free breakfast. Don't know if I'll go back there, but I do know that I won't go back to the Holiday Inn!

• 3 months later...

I have always had good luck with "Super 8" hotels. Just made my reservation the other day at the one in Quincy. Last time I stayed there they were pretty empty (during the single stack) and when the night clerk noticed that I had driven my '87 Porsche down for the match he told me to park it right in front and he would keep an eye on it. I wasn't all that worried, but it was a nice jesture.

I was with Turtle and Heatseeker when we got screwed by the Holiday Inn. I tried to give them one more shot this week, but when they wouldn't honor the $55/night Gov't rate because "they'll probably fill up that week," I decided to never even bother calling again.

The best stay we've ever had was at the Hampton Inn, but they're booked already. They're right behind the Holiday Inn, and we'll be staying there next time. I decided to give the Fairfield Inn a try this year. I've heard good things about them, and the $55/night gov't rate was honored. I'm a little dissappointed in the reviews so far, but I'm sure we'll manage OK.

PHil

• 11 months later...

Well, Beth and I went with the Holiday Inn Express in Hannibal.

Any comments from the forum on this place?

-Chet

Well, that place turned out to be wonderful. Met lots of nice shooters there and had a great stay. We got a suite which had a kitchenette which I highly recommend. :)

I would definitely stay there again!

-Chet

ditto :)

barry B)