Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

how do u fix hammer folllow

deerassassin22

what kind of gun. if sti, look at the front trigger guard screws. see if there loosedave

what kind of gun. if sti, look at the front trigger guard screws. see if there loosedave

Dave just curious why that would cause hammer follow. Mine would intermitanly follow and during a recent cleaning I found the screw and bushing missing. I just figured it was due to my over travel screw backing out. Cause it was also in need of adjustment

Pretty good indication previous owner may have had that issue. Try giving the sear leg a bit more bend forward. If that doesn't help. It's probably time for a new spring. Dawson makes a great spring. But you will need a trigger pull gauge to set the spring weigh. Assuming the sear and hammer are in good shape

Is it stopping at half cock or dropping all the way down?

Check the overtravel screw in the trigger- back it out a bunch and check function.

Electrical tape around the base of the leaf spring might not mean anything - seems like many leaf springs are too narrow to sit properly in 2011 grips and a common fix is to wrap them in tape to take up the extra space.

-424D57

There was a batch of sear springs (cannot remember mfg) that were impropperly heat treated. They work fine for a couple months and then they just quit. Bending the spring is only good for a few mags. Get a new spring and have it tuned to your liking.

Edited by scooterj