Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best gunsmith for Stock 2 trigger to be as good as my CZC Sp-01 Shadow

LoLeft

I just picked up a Stock 2 that has had the trigger done by a reputable vendor on this site that specializes on 2011's from what I can tell. To be honest, I think it sucks. I have a CZC Sp-01 Shadow with a butter smooth DA trigger that is crisp, clean and super short reset in SA. I'm looking for a Gunsmith that can replicate the feel of my CZ, if possible. I'm hoping to send it to the Gunsmith and pick it up at Area 2 in a few weeks. I know nothing about Tanfo's. Is it possible to get a a Stock 2 trigger to feel as good as a CZC trigger?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

What i would like to know is how one goes about removing the stacking feeling from the double action.

If you could remove that easily the triggers would be quite nice as the SA feel of the tanfo stock hammer is quite good.

Edited by Magsz

I have my stock 2 and stock 3 triggers set at 5.5 lbs DA and 2lbs SA.. i have polished and cut the sear to the best feel i can get and even had the parts isonited to preserve the feel make sure its hardened as ive heard that the trigger components are just surface hardened .. the stacking might be a tad hard to remove as the stock 2 hammer spring is just shorter than a CZ hammer spring because of that it will never feel the same as a CZ DA... but i would love to see a gunsmith replicate the same feel as a CZ DA..

pls keep us posted if you do find one.

Edited by ogiebb

Is it possible to modify the gun to take a cz length hammer spring?

i guess but you would have to bore out a LOT of metal in the main spring space and make slots for the magazine backplate and drill holes for the pins to hold it... just waaaaayyy to much work.

John beat me to it :bow:

Edited by ogiebb

Do you want to keep the DA trigger? I'd just have someone like Rich at Canyon Creek convert it to SA. My Match came in SA and I put Henning's flat trigger in it and I'm very happy. When the sear wears out I'll have an expert put in H's prepped EGW hammer and sear.

Edited by jmbaccolyte

It is not the short spring. That part can be overcome. It is the timing of activation of the SA sear and removing the trigger bar out of DA mode. If you remove the sear (convert to DA only), the stacking goes away.

Trust me, I am working on it.

All in all, it is just a different feel. IMHO, I would rather have a very crisp 2.75 lb SA than a 2.0 lb that is spongy (no real sear "break")

Jim

So Jim, you're saying the "stacking" comes from introducing the tension of the sear spring on the DA pull before the disco lets go? It makes sense, but why would the CZ feel different?

Much lighter spring?

Just looking at the two you can see that the tang uses a thicker gauge wire. Plus, moving it out of the way is significantly harder than it is on my CZ's during a detail strip.

It is not the short spring. That part can be overcome. It is the timing of activation of the SA sear and removing the trigger bar out of DA mode. If you remove the sear (convert to DA only), the stacking goes away.

All in all, it is just a different feel. IMHO, I would rather have a very crisp 2.75 lb SA than a 2.0 lb that is spongy (no real sear "break")

Jim

HI Jim,

thats is interesting... when i felt your trigger in Area 2 last time it had a stack feel to it as well , did you just find out how to remove the stacking feeling recently?.. id rather have a crisp trigger than spongy one... your trigger is sweet on that Limited Pro.

Edited by ogiebb

So Jim, you're saying the "stacking" comes from introducing the tension of the sear spring on the DA pull before the disco lets go? It makes sense, but why would the CZ feel different?

Much lighter spring?

Just looking at the two you can see that the tang uses a thicker gauge wire. Plus, moving it out of the way is significantly harder than it is on my CZ's during a detail strip.

i am currently using a bent CZ Shadow sear spring it did smoothen the trigger a bit

That is a large part of it. The CZ uses a different spring and the Tanf and CZ use different sears (the legs are different so the leverage is different).

Also, the disengagement of the interruptor design differs slightly.

As stated, if I remove the sear and convert the gun to DA only, you almost eliminate the stacking effect.

Jim

HI Jim,

thats is interesting... when i felt your trigger in Area 2 last time it had a stack feel to it as well , did you just find out how to remove the stacking feeling recently?.. id rather have a crisp trigger than spongy one... your trigger is sweet on that Limited Pro.

I like a bit more SA sear than most. Therefore, my DA still has the stacking effect in DA. I can reduce it but then the SA is "mushy" and not crisp

Much lighter spring?

i am currently using a bent CZ Shadow sear spring it did smoothen the trigger a bit

Affirmative. The real key lies a bit deeper................ ;)

Holy crap am i confused...I was lost 5 or 6 posts in....I Just looked at my Stock 2 and it has the Eric G Hammer and firing pin. DA is at 10+ and SA is 5.13 average and spongey. I don't have the balls to tear into this thing...I really have no idea what I'm doing.... :mellow:

Holy crap am i confused...I was lost 5 or 6 posts in....I Just looked at my Stock 2 and it has the Eric G Hammer and firing pin. DA is at 10+ and SA is 5.13 average and spongey. I don't have the balls to tear into this thing...I really have no idea what I'm doing.... :mellow:

I Like working on my own stuff, but if you are worried about doing it yourself Jim would be a good person to talk to get you set up.

I better go order a dozen CZ sear springs!

On a side note, I got sick of looking at a bunch of basket case projects to I assembled them all using whatever parts I had lying around; amazingly enough my Limited Pro with randomly paired trigger bow, hammer and disco has zero slack in SA or DA! The effect is like the short reset trigger from CZC, but there isn't even enough slack to reset! Once I get a race hammer for it I plan to experiment with different discos and bows until I get it dialed in just right.

I give it my best.

BTW, when you fit a new bow and disconnector, there is excess material on the back (the slanted side) of the disconnector. You have to give it relief (space) to allow it to reset. That is where CZ got the Short Reset Trigger idea.....................You can also take up a long reset by adding material there up to the point that it won't reset. Small area to work in..........