Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sonic Cleaners are they safe for Glock frames?

RussellJohnson

Use it on mine. Look at the type of cleaner you're :cheers: using in it. Look for plastic or poly safe. If it does not say it on the container, call the Mfg. and ask.

Most of the company making gun cleaner for ultrasonic machines already are good to go.

Now it may require some Bratwurst to be dipped in it first. Check and see. LOL

I use M Pro7 it little more expensive the Lyman but I feel works better. I do not strip my guns down. I remove the slide, take out the barrel and put them in the Machine. Mine has heat so I run it almost hot, and for about 30 min cleans the dirtiest gun.

Do you detail strip the frame or leave it assembled and blow it out with compressed air?

Most times I do. I did a friends CZ75 and I must say filthy doesn't cover it, anyway I detail stripped the slide, removed the grips and tossed it into the SPA for 20 mins. Rinsed in hot water, blew it dry (I have a compressor in the basement) and examined it. I don't think it came from the factory that clean, lubed it and reassembled it for the next round of getting it dirty. I've done the same with M&P's.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of people at my range that use the Harbor Freight cleaners on their AR bolts with great results. I don't think the model they have will fit a full sized pistol frame.

Dave

Just a suggestion if you decide to use Simple Green, use the Simple Green Extreme one, bluish bottle. It is supposedly safe for all metals, polymers, & plastic. Regular Simple Green can "attack" aluminum. Home Depot, Walmart, & Amazon sell the Simple Green Extreme for about $15-$17/ gallon. It doesn't look like Lowe's carries it.

BTW, the Harbor Freight sonic cleaner has worked fine for me.

Edited by CajunTrooper

Just a suggestion if you decide to use Simple Green, use the Simple Green Extreme one, bluish bottle. It is supposedly safe for all metals, polymers, & plastic. Regular Simple Green can "attack" aluminum. Home Depot, Walmart, & Amazon sell the Simple Green Extreme for about $15-$17/ gallon. It doesn't look like Lowe's carries it.

BTW, the Harbor Freight sonic cleaner has worked fine for me.

thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using a Harbor Freight ultrasonic with simple green solution on both my XDm and CZ shadow and it does a great job. Gets everything far cleaner than hosing down with CLP, and I don't have CLP oozing out forever. Also great for cleaning 10-22 rotary mags.

Edited by HDGoose