Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt keepers for ELS

Zmego

Still using the stock keeper the belt came with, seems to work well. Have a couple velcro cable ties in the shooting bag as back-ups in case I lose the keeper. Tie wraps would work great, too...but would have to be cut off. ;)

I hear the CR belt keeper works pretty well on the 1.75" wide ELS belt.

Im using the CR Speed belt keeper on mine and so far it works great. I am thinking of adding 1 or 2 more, as I just want more security, plus I switched from a Glock to a 2011 and my belt is a lil heavier now. I have the stock one on there also, but to me, it is a pain to get in there, so I just get the tip in there (think "just the tip" Vince Vaughn Wedding Crashers).

I took off the factory keeper and now use Velcro wraps that I made from two-sided Velcro tape. Very easy to use and I made ten of them for less than $10. I've lost a few, but keep spares in my range bag as a precaution.

• 1 month later...

I use the one that comes with the belt and a leather one that a friend of mine gave me that he got at a police supply shop that has two snaps on it. The two together give you some piece of mind. Its never once come loose in two years.

When i bought my rig I was not that happy about not having good retention and contacted their customer service they were very nice and sent me four, two snap keepers for no charge. Great customer service.