Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19 doubling

Novie

Replaced the complete trigger assembly with a setup from a gen 1 17L. The assembly worked perfect in the Gen 1 everything polished and a Glock - connector, in the Gen 3 19 it doubles at least every third shot. Put he original parts back in and it works great. Any ideas on what is causing the issue?

It's the fact that you had a trigger job done on the parts in a Gen1 frame and the striker leg isn't catching securely on the G19. You could TRY putting the striker from G17L and see what happens. The variances in GLOCK frames causes this usually. IF ITS A CARRY GUN LEAVE IT STOCK. Otherwise do the trigger job on the G19 housing and trigger bar

Trigger bars should interchange and work in all small frame Glocks G17/G17L/G19/G22/G23/G24/G26/G27/G31/G32/G33/G34/G35/.

I have no experience with the .45 GAP models G37/G38/G39 which are small frame models as well.

I did not include the small frame G25/G28 as they are not sold in the USA and I have no experience with them.

Check your slide to frame fit. If the 19 is looser then that's your problem. I had this issue with a Zev trigger set up for one gun and when i swapped slides it would double. Waay fun shooting at the le range I frequent. Had some splainin to do for sure. Lol

Simply for the fact that a lawyer would pick one apart if the firearm was used in defense that has been "upgraded", a firm 5lb trigger ensures a safe trigger in everyday carry and against accidental discharge in a stressful situation and for the biggest reason of all is reliability.

• 1 month later...

If you have to shoot someone, you've got bigger problems than the parts used in your gun. If someone comes at me I'm not passing up my open pistol to look for a stock firearm. They're gonna get shot with whichever gun I get to first. Lol

I think this should stop right here. I believe these kinds of discussions are frowned upon.

Edited by Steven420

Do the Gen 1 parts have a blued trigger bar and striker? If so, they have been recalled because they cause doubling. :) The good trigger parts are silver colored. There was a replacement program back in the 1990s. If you contact Glock, they probably will want you to return the 17L for new parts.