Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal or not?

steel1212

Lol not those you didn't. I've already got my answer from the big cheese. They are legal unless you put pads in the knee pad pocket.

How so?

The knee pads are exactly the same as 511 and the like.

Lol not those you didn't. I've already got my answer from the big cheese. They are legal unless you put pads in the knee pad pocket.

How so?

The knee pads are exactly the same as 511 and the like.

According to him because these have the pockets on the outside instead of the inside they aren't legal WITH the pads inserted. With out they are just reinforced knees.

well I can tell you one thing.. at the nationals a lady argued this point and was flat told no in a short response from the town hall board.. Told her for the shooter just wear them under the pants and they will not consider changing the rule and stands as it is. pitiful response and rule in my eyes..

My argument was that these pants have knee pad pockets just like 5.11s only the 5.11, and similar pants are on the underside of the pants where you can't get to them with out removing the pants. These pants have a pocket on the outside where you can get them. You can't see either knee pad. I was told and I qoute, "under the garment means against the skin".

We should also ban eye protection and ear muffs because nobody wears those in real life.

Knee pads are safety equipment.

Exactly!

Ted M wrote and article (2011) for the Tactical Journal on knee pads and I thought that he was talking about me. He stated that they are safety equipment like eye and ear protection.

Well I say buy them and use them.. We all know what would happen if another man would start groping your legs up and down..

What I do in my personal life....oh wait lol. I got a set coming but I'll just use them for 3 gun and USPSA. I got the IDPA "legal" pants for the major I got coming up.

Rule 8.8.1.2

Soft shell knee and elbow pads or knee braces may be worn under the clothing, and must remain completely hidden.

By extension the pad in those pants are worn under the clothing and are hidden from view.

Also, at the Town Hall meeting, Joyce said that they will have another look into knee braces. Post #3.

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/10838/Nationals-Town-Hall

well I can tell you one thing.. at the nationals a lady argued this point and was flat told no in a short response from the town hall board.. Told her for the shooter just wear them under the pants and they will not consider changing the rule and stands as it is. pitiful response and rule in my eyes..

& this is why people are jumping the IDPA ship......

Yup. Got some nastygrams from a regional coordinator & dropped the IDPA name for the next match. We were not interested in running a sanctioned match at any point so why spend anymore time with all the gibberish. Used to be an SO instructor.