Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal or not?

steel1212

well I can tell you one thing.. at the nationals a lady argued this point and was flat told no in a short response from the town hall board.. Told her for the shooter just wear them under the pants and they will not consider changing the rule and stands as it is. pitiful response and rule in my eyes..

I see this type of response when a person feels the need to defend a poor decision that they've made. Often, the person feels embarassed and they emotionally adhere to their poor decision, regardless of facts and data.

• 3 weeks later...

We should also ban eye protection and ear muffs because nobody wears those in real life.

Knee pads are safety equipment.

Many of the rules seem to be completely arbitrary. Someone decides "I don't like kneepads" and so the rule is no one can wear kneepads. No rhyme or reason beyond personal preference.

I have to imagine that at some point someone did like a running slide into a low cover position and beat someone that was on the rules committee. I don't see why soft kneepads should be illegal though. That rule has been in the book since 05 though so no sense in complaining now.

• 2 weeks later...