Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

126mm mag with pad and magwell

HRider

Will Taran Tactical basepads on 126mm mags work with a magwell on STI pistols? I have several 126mm mags and would like to add a basepad to some of them if they will still fit in the gun with a magwell. I searched, but didn't find anything.

Hurley

I use Dawson Para Toolless base pads on my 126mm STI mags. They fit and go into any kind of magwell I've tried them in. They don't follow the angle of the mag the same. but does not give any problems loading. i use them in a limited ten gun with a nylon plug in the base pad so I don't make a mistake and load 11 in the mag and get myself in trouble with the RO.

I use Dawson Para Toolless base pads on my 126mm STI mags. They fit and go into any kind of magwell I've tried them in. They don't follow the angle of the mag the same. but does not give any problems loading. i use them in a limited ten gun with a nylon plug in the base pad so I don't make a mistake and load 11 in the mag and get myself in trouble with the RO.

+1

I just added the these to my mags and filled in the base with epoxy so they hold 10 rds with some extra room for easy seating when fully loaded. The epoxy is level to the mag base so the spring angle is unchanged.

post-49614-0-22049500-1381111499_thumb.j

post-49614-0-59518500-1381111510_thumb.j

post-49614-0-03373200-1381111520_thumb.j

Hello: The extended Double Tap base pads that Shooters Connection sell will fit the 126mm base pads and STI magwell. They will not fit the IDPA box if you get the thick ones. They use a standard STI base pad keeper to hold them in place. They also work with a Dawson Ice, Cameron and SVI magwells. Thanks, Eric

I ordered one 3mm TTI basepad for one of my 140mm mags. I tried it on a 126 and it wouldn't seat. It is close, I believe a little file work and some polishing would make it go, but I think I will explore other options (like some of those mentioned above).

Thanks for the replies.

Hurley

• 1 month later...

I use the Dawson +300 basepads on my 126mm, work great

I tried them with the 126mm 10rd mags. While the base clears the magwell easily, the magazine loaded to capacity(10) will not seat into gun if the slide is closed. I was wondering if the Grams basepads would work to clear the magwell? The extra capacity could be taken care of with epoxy filler. Or I'll try the Para mags.