Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Limited Nationals - Results

Flexmoney

Interesting.... First Master at 94.5%, first A at 84.5%, first B at 74.9%, First C at 59.6% first (and last) D at 22%...

Doesnt look like anyone is getting bumped...

Great. I was counting in Speedy getting bumped at this match. Oh well, guess I have to keep getting beat by him for a little while longer.

Interesting.... First Master at 94.5%, first A at 84.5%, first B at 74.9%, First C at 59.6% first (and last) D at 22%...

I think there can still be bumps but USPSA is kinda vague about that stuff. Bumps don't have to be tied to a certain percentage from what I know.

Was it because it was stand alone? Or is the sport old enough and maturing, where we have a quite a few good shooters? Or something else?

Limited is always kinda deep. Having it back to back, with the next match allowing iron sights (L-10) or Open...probably helped get the talent in one spot.

Astonishing.....and refreshing! It appears (at least when these results are taken at face value) that literally nobody sandbagged his way into a class win!

Kinda what I was thinking too. In retrospect, I think it was a great Idea to get the talent together in one match. The competition was excellent and that's what it is about, right?

Was it because it was stand alone? Or is the sport old enough and maturing, where we have a quite a few good shooters? Or something else?

Limited is always kinda deep. Having it back to back, with the next match allowing iron sights (L-10) or Open...probably helped get the talent in one spot.

Great. I was counting in Speedy getting bumped at this match. Oh well, guess I have to keep getting beat by him for a little while longer.

Its alright... he'll just default to the International Champion again... giving the rest of us a chance at first Master. :P

Astonishing.....and refreshing! It appears (at least when these results are taken at face value) that literally nobody sandbagged his way into a class win!

I thought about that. I made a mental note to compare scores from area matches with nationals, and find some support class s hooters who shot both. My hypothesis is that the depth of talent on the supersquad pushed the top guys to a higher level than they would normally shoot at an area match with a smaller number of GM's and lower stakes.

I know of at least one shooter at B2B who would have been bumped if the september update had been run, and he won his class, and shot about the same percentage as he did at area 1 where he was not even in the top 5 in the same class. That makes it *seem* as if it is harder to attain a particular percentage at a national championship.