Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC Open Glock

Kraj

Ive been toying with the idea of playing around with the idea of an open glock. In the research ive done SJC seems to do really good work. My question is should i go with their home built kit and save some money or should I pay out and have them build me one. I dont want to put one together myself and have nothing but problems but at the same time I could buy a lot of glocks for $2000.

Here are links to what im talking about:

SJC Built http://stores.sjcguns.com/-strse-2/SJC-Open-Pistol-9mm/Detail.bok

$1925

Home built http://stores.sjcguns.com/-strse-94/SJC-Home-Build-Cmore/Detail.bok

$549

Just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks

Edit - I should add that i have a mag well and a trigger kit from my limited gun if that plays a part

Kraj

Edited by Kraj

• 3 weeks later...

If you are going to spend 2K on a Glock, spend a little more and get a used STI. You will be much happier!

I would have said this same thing 12 years ago, but since changing to a modern custom Glock "SJC" "CARVER" etc, my gunsmith tools are starting to rust from lack of use :-)

On a glock check the classifieds. Around this time they pop up all the time for good prices from people upgrading to an sti. For mounts I would strongly suggest the sjc as it allows more holster choices. I started with a glock I built as I got a great deal on a lot of the parts and had got a prize table trigger so I didn't have much in it. It ran well but I prefer the sti I upgraded too. The glock now resides as my backup

The glock now resides as my backup

Good move, a back up gun should always be the one you know is going to work. When I want to push the limits of reliability for that minor edge I will shoot my 2011 gun :-)