Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decided to jump on the bandwagon

S197Shelby

So after fingering a CZ75 compact from the custom shop at a gunshow today I have decided to jump on the bandwagon. The trigger.. Holy &!$@.

I'm trying to figure out which to get and if there is anything to consider. I've decided to go straight to the custom shop. I'm trying to decide between the custom shadow and the custom shadow target. Is there anything else I need to consider for a CZ USPSA production gun?

Either is GTG out of box. I like fixed sights on my competition guns since they don't move once they're dialed in. I have an SP-01 with custom shop trigger job and it's great. I placed an order for the Shadow Custom a few weeks ago and was told to expect it around December.

Lester

trying to decide between the custom shadow and the custom shadow target. Is there anything else I need to consider for a CZ USPSA production gun?

Nope. Those are both excellent choices; Standing and shooting at the range I felt sold on the heft of the SP01, but I shot a match with the short dust cover and was shock by how quick it felt. Try to shoot each in a match type scenario if you can.

trying to decide between the custom shadow and the custom shadow target. Is there anything else I need to consider for a CZ USPSA production gun?

Nope. Those are both excellent choices; Standing and shooting at the range I felt sold on the heft of the SP01, but I shot a match with the short dust cover and was shock by how quick it felt. Try to shoot each in a match type scenario if you can.
Unless you have a Tanfoglio Stock II in 9mm.sorry didn't mean to rub it in lol

Unless you have a Tanfoglio Stock II in 9mm.sorry didn't mean to rub it in lol

Lol

I have the 75 shadow target custom from CZCustom and love it. A little over 7lb DA and 3 and change on the SA. With the SRT in it, the reset makes a glock feel a mile long. Points well and relatively soft recoil. Functions fine on WWB-type ammo (I don't reload).

I shoot IDPA and at the time the 75 was easier to get into SSP/ESP than the SP01, though that has changed now. I don't shoot my 75 all that much right now, but it'll be my ESP gun when I get MA in SSP.

Edited by RexKramer

The SP-01 has no decock feature correct? So when I load and make ready I will have to manually decock each time. Again new to CZ. Mostly shoot glock, MP, sig and 1911.

That's correct. I tell the SO about it before the first stage. I don't think there is anything written that you have to, but it's a nice courtesy to them. They may get a little excited seeing your finger go on the trigger. Be advised, though, you drop it hard or it slips while doing it, you're done for the day. That is assuming you're shooting SSP. If you shoot ESP you can't can start cocked and locked.

Edited, fat fingers.

Edited by RexKramer

They may get a little excited seeing your finger go on the trigger. Be advised, though, you drop it hard or it slips while doing it, you're done for the day. That is assuming you're shooting SSP. If you shoot ESP you can't start cocked and locked.

I believe you meant to say that you "can" start cocked and locked in ESP. That's where I see most of the CZ's.

I've recently been bitten by the CZ bug as well. I'm having great fun with "just" a CZ-75B.

The SP-01 has no decock feature correct? So when I load and make ready I will have to manually decock each time. Again new to CZ. Mostly shoot glock, MP, sig and 1911.

The lack of a decocker is part of the reason the triggers can be made as nice as they are. Less internal friction I suppose.

They may get a little excited seeing your finger go on the trigger. Be advised, though, you drop it hard or it slips while doing it, you're done for the day. That is assuming you're shooting SSP. If you shoot ESP you can't start cocked and locked.

I believe you meant to say that you "can" start cocked and locked in ESP. That's where I see most of the CZ's.

I've recently been bitten by the CZ bug as well. I'm having great fun with "just" a CZ-75B.

Hey yeah, sorry, meant you "CAN" shoot ESP cocked and locked.. :)