Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDs recall

KentG

I dont know if its been made aware here but there is a recall for the XDs from Springfield for pretty much every one made since day one. Looks like it MAY be a recall to make the lawyers happy but Im not sure at this point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I read over at the XD forums 6-8 weeks is projected as well and hope thats not optimistic. Fortunatly I have other options for pocket carry but a Keltec 380 is looking pretty wimpy nowdays. The whole thing is sounding a bit over done but safety is paramount with a carry gun like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty disappointed in Springfield Armory at this point. I received the latest update via email tonight as follows. Turns out they're still testing the "fix":

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/09/2013

XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.

We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share.We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.­­

Lets see.......when they figured out they had a problem they asked for them all to be turned in so no one had issues with the gun further. What ever the problem was they were able to duplicate it at the factory, and at that point were liable.

This is much more preferable than having a "product Upgrade" to a duty pistol that you would not know about until you asked the factory. From what other factories have "done" or "not done" in regards to recalls I can say that they were up front with the problem and will stand behind the gun and get the fix before they send them out. It all boils down to perspective, and I would much rather them fix my gun than it not work when I need it too.....Something to ponder.

DougC

Rignt now I would tell springfield to eat a dick. They LIED when they had a fix already and wanted to have all the guns sent back in. Phuc them. All they wanted was to get the guns under their control for the f*#kING lawyers. Im so pissed now that they LIED!!

I would agree that they conveniently didn't tell anyone that they didn't have a fix until well after most people had sent them in, myself included. I even waited for awhile thinking everyone was sending them in right away so I will wait for the rush to subside and I wish I had waited 1 more week as then I would have known they were still " testing " and I would still have my gun that I never had an issue with in the first place. Springfield has definitely pissed a lot of people off with this one, love the gun and all my other Springfields but this will make me think twice when it comes time to buy another-

I didn't send mine in. Heard about it the first day and figured I would wait for the initial rush to die down. I have since run another 500 flawless rounds through it. SA doesn't seem to be very forthcoming about what the issue really is. I'm now glad that I didn't immediately mail mine in.

• 2 weeks later...

I took mine out and I can't get it to not reset the trigger when racking the slide without having my hand on the grip safety. I ran a couple hundred rounds and held the gun so I wasn't touching the grip safety every time I charged the gun. I'm still debating sending it back in especially if they're coming back with bad triggers.

Bingo, I want the company that made it to make sure it is 100%. It is a defensive handgun, nothing more, nothing less. It should go bang only when I make it go bang. For those that defiantly have decided since the gun shoots ok now they will refuse to send it in....That is called willful disregard. I hope it never discharges when you don't want it to, and then someone finds the post. It will be hard to defend that in court. When a "BIG" company does a recall it costs them a lot of money....they have to eat it to make things right, and to keep their reputation solid. Springfield has handled this recall in a much better manner than, in my experience, Beretta, SigSauer, and S&W. I like those companies, but this recall was done in the public eye in a immediate matter. My next purchase will be a Springfield, period.

DougC

Mine is back no problem . I think some of the negative replies are from people who have never had a company to run .