Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA/Tanfoglio Chop Shop - NO SELLING OR TRADING

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

john, what are the grips on this gun? I likey!

IMG_20140110_200817_778-1_zpsceuaom5c.jp

They're aftermarket thick rubber grips, I think I got them from GunBroker or EBay; I have another pair I could include in your next shipment :)

they are cool. and yes we need to talk soon!!! haha. :)

I"m looking to get a Hunter 10mm top end, then put a 9mm barrel in it for the ultimate 9mm blaster...

I'm thinking of something similar, but with a 9mm longslide slide, a six inch barrel and a blank comp with a front sight cut into it like the old Hunter except with a longer dust cover:

411546081.jpg

The Hunter uses the same recoil system as the longslide so the only difference in recoil impulse would be less reciprocating mass, plus a stationary front sight. You could then re shape the comp as needed to reduce weight at the nose if you so choose.

I'm already itching to try out the sight tracker concept with my TS with an SP01 slide and my small frame Witness with a compact slide. Just what I need right? three 9mm sight trackers in different barrel lengths: 4.1", 5.1" and 6" :eatdrink:

I like the looks of this pistol. Where did you get the blank comp?

This is not my pistol just a stock photo from Bud's, I do not have a blank comp at this time, but what I have done is welded up the port on a one port comp, drilled it out and re tapped it (now it just needs to be ground smooth and a front sight dovetail cut in....):

IMG_20131020_133013_851-1_zpscd635eae.jp

This one is really just to practice my dovetail cutting skills before i cut the port off this longer comp:

Longsight_zpsf72e89cc.jpg

This is what the TS sight tracker will look like when I'm done:

cutDC_zpsf0ce5711.jpg

I already cut the dust cover back:

IMG_20140319_224820_505-1_zps6xg9lhhw.jp

This is not my pistol just a stock photo from Bud's, I do not have a blank comp at this time, but what I have done is welded up the port on a one port comp, drilled it out and re tapped it (now it just needs to be ground smooth and a front sight dovetail cut in....):

IMG_20131020_133013_851-1_zpscd635eae.jp

This one is really just to practice my dovetail cutting skills before i cut the port off this longer comp:

Longsight_zpsf72e89cc.jpg

This is what the TS sight tracker will look like when I'm done:

cutDC_zpsf0ce5711.jpg

I already cut the dust cover back:

IMG_20140319_224820_505-1_zps6xg9lhhw.jp

How did you manage to cut the dust cover without screwing with the serial number?

How did you manage to cut the dust cover without screwing with the serial number?

You can see in the last picture I only cut about a quarter inch at the top then angled back at 18 degrees to about a half inch. Just enough to expose the 18 degree angle on the comp. The cool part I didn't plan on is when the barrel cams back with the slide open the two cuts match up:

IMG_20140319_223750_296-1_zpssfl6bmkz.jp

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank everyone for making this a great forum. Got my Stock III a couple of weeks back and have spent some time getting to understand it (used a Glock until now). Could not help myself so I have had it picked to pieces a couple of times with the help of instructions and tips from here. Must say I really like it.

Stock III, 'GK' finish, black/dark brown depending on light. (The finish does not seem to be as durable as my Glock, but I guess nothing is.. ;)

BR

/J

post-45364-0-28253000-1397071644_thumb.j

Canyon Creek Custom completed this work for me over the winter. Limited 9mm can be shot open or limited by just changing the barrel. Just received the pistol and have not had time to take to the range, EGW and Henning internals and 2.5lb trigger.

That gun is very cool, and Rich does great work.

I have a elite limited 38 super tanfo and the previous owner of the gun had Canyon Creek install a comp and it is now an open gun. I've been thinking of sending it back to him to have a 9mm barrel installed with a Ti comp.

One thing I have been wondering is how much lighter a Ti comped barrel is over a steel comped barrel. I know Ti is about 2/3s the weight, but I don't know the volume of the comp and am too lazy to figure it out.

Would it be possible for you to weigh your barrel with the Ti comp and letting us know? I'll post mine and we can compare.

Thanks.