Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

aimpoint why micro

1911vm

Because they are small ???

I haven't seen a "big move" twards them in 3-gun matches, but I am behind the times. Maybe they are the best thing since canned beer, but the ones I have played with suck on ice with N.O.D.s, and that is the only use I have for any type of dot sight.....for hog hunting...cause I ain't no tacticool high speed low drag operator. :)

The main advantage of the small dots is field of view. If you are shooting with both eyes open and you have the dot positioned at the right place (for you), the whole thing just sort of disappears and you have a much clearer field of view.

Because they are small ???

I haven't seen a "big move" twards them in 3-gun matches, but I am behind the times. Maybe they are the best thing since canned beer, but the ones I have played with suck on ice with N.O.D.s, and that is the only use I have for any type of dot sight.....for hog hunting...cause I ain't no tacticool high speed low drag operator. :)

Canned beer sucks.

Why such a big move to the micro dots. I am deciding which one to get. I was considering M3 but everywhere I look and read T1 & H1 seem to dominate. Why

On a work gun they are great. Small tough and durable. Personally I prefer the micros where I would use a red dot because I have owned both full size and micros and have found the micros will do the same thing but they weigh a lot less and are a lot less bulky.

Pat

The main advantage of the small dots is field of view. If you are shooting with both eyes open and you have the dot positioned at the right place (for you), the whole thing just sort of disappears and you have a much clearer field of view.

do you think the field of view and overall awareness is the same with a micro like with a lets say cmore?

do you think the field of view and overall awareness is the same with a micro like with a lets say cmore?

It seems very similar to a cmore when shooting but it has amazing battery life and is tough as nails.

After using the micro I will never use any other dot on a rifle again. 5yrs on the battery would in theory mean I'd need a dozen batteries to last for the most part of my life. Thats less than $50 to keep it running forever.

If only barrels lasted that long think of the $$ saved.

It seems very similar to a cmore when shooting but it has amazing battery life and is tough as nails.

After using the micro I will never use any other dot on a rifle again. 5yrs on the battery would in theory mean I'd need a dozen batteries to last for the most part of my life. Thats less than $50 to keep it running forever.

If only barrels lasted that long think of the $$ saved.

i hear about it but cannot 100% believe that from a fov and awareness its the same like a cmore. never had a chance to compare next to each other. still undecided on what to get

I used one (borrowed rifle) for a two day tactical course where we were shooting at everything from 5' to 200yd+ and after about 30 min of use I started to forget it was there.

If I compare it to having shot a C-More on a pistol, I'd say it is similar but different. Different in that it is larger so it will block some of your view even if you don't realize it. Similar in that it's a lot smaller than the larger red dots you normally see.

Now, bear in mind that I am speaking about a red dot as the only sighting device. If you are talking about putting it along side a scope then that's a whole different can of beans.

I was an early adopter of the T1 or H1 in limited. I had one on my back up rifle that I took to a large match, and when the division I had hoped to shoot in was canceled (because only 3 real men showed up to shot it that year) So I gave it a try, and after getting it zeroed it worked very well for me (better than my revolver did that year!). I have been using one in limited every since, and have not found anything that works better for me. I tried the Pris and found that it did not work for my style of shooting. When the 2 MOA dot came out I got one, and the dot is a bit better, but the way I run them it is nearly impossible to tell the difference. I shoot irons in heavy metal, but prefer the micro in limited because of the advantages over irons for me it offers. I prefer to shoot with both eyes open most of the time, and I have just never been able to shoot rifle irons well with both eyes open. For me the dot is small and round, and I can hit any target that I can see with one. I change the batteries 1 a year if they need it or not, they do not ever shift zero, they do not fog and are tougher than irons. If I do not hit the target it is not the sight or even the rifle that let me down, it is me. What more could I ask from my sight? It works for me, it may not work for anyone else, but I could care less how many people use the same gear I do, I think the tiny sight on my rifle makes me look sexy when I shoot off hand.

I used one (borrowed rifle) for a two day tactical course where we were shooting at everything from 5' to 200yd+ and after about 30 min of use I started to forget it was there.

If I compare it to having shot a C-More on a pistol, I'd say it is similar but different. Different in that it is larger so it will block some of your view even if you don't realize it. Similar in that it's a lot smaller than the larger red dots you normally see.

Now, bear in mind that I am speaking about a red dot as the only sighting device. If you are talking about putting it along side a scope then that's a whole different can of beans.

this is from another post of mine. it will give u an idea about my kind of situation. so i guess i will go with the rts

Still trying to find my way to a setup that works for me with not too much handicap compared to normal shooter after some desasters this year already. I am shooting right handed with my left eye. No not cross eye dominant just dont see right and no dont want to change to left hand shooting:) I am shooting an AR15.

At the moment I plan to mount a 1-4 scope maybe in the future changing to a 1-6. This is how I used it the last years. its not perfect for me but it kind of works.

What is the scope, in your experience, with the most forgiving eye box? Remember I will have to mount it quite high and move my head over to be able to see with my left eye. So I dont care less about other technical data but first and foremost is the eybox. as i am every once in a while loosing time as its harder for me to get a clear sight picture.

I will be going with a reddot on the left side. This one will be quite high and left of the barrel. I plan to mount it straight and should be my primary sight for everything up to 50m or so. Maybe with the odd exception I am not planning to use the scope at all up to 50m. I am also planning to use the reddot as much as possible between 50 and 100 at least on everything that is not covered by a ns or only with a small visible part.

I was thinking about an Aimpoint Micro but I am a little bid concerned about tunnel vision. I have a CompC3 on my Shotgun also mounted high and left but when trying a fastfire in the normal position it just felt much better from the overal awareness and that even with the fastfire being in the normal position me having a not good head position. However, the lense was too small for my taste.

So I came across the Cmore RTS. Never saw one but having used Cmores on my open pistole I think it should have a better FOW and give you a better overall awareness.

Normal Cmore or Oko not being an option as I will have to rise it quite high and the riser mount for a full length Cmore or Oko woul be too heavy and cumbersome. As would be mounting a full size aimpoint.

Anyone any knowledge or advice about the RTS compared with the Micro?

It will only be used for IPSC shooting. I dont care at all about battery life and dont plan to drown it or so. Home defense is not necessary where I am from as is any kind of military considerations meaningless. And as far as I am concerned the shit only hits the fan if the Yankees start winning again or the Bosox loosing for that matter :)

How far upfront would you mount it? Remember it has to be in a position so that I can shoot left of a barricade. Something which is impossible for me with a normal setup unless i change the gun to left.

+1 and 2 on that note.

NV capability, submersible depth with the T-1 but a commonly overlooked feature of the H-1 is that it's visible red dot is more adjustable because it has more settings and depending on lighting conditions you can fine tune it to be a slightly nicer sight picture.

DD, KAC, ADM all make micro mounts. The differences between them are hardly important while actually shooting. Pick one you like and go.

Good point on H1 and mount. thanks .

who has the best deal on H1 2 moa. actually the question should be what is a good deal. LOL

Edited by 1911vm