Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else lowered their 650 case feeder?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the need to SEE inside either one of the case feeder or bullet feeder. When it stops making a racket ...... I add more cases or bullets. It's that simple. For me, it's more of a need to HEAR what's going on up there, as opposed to seeing it.

Being disabled and unable to step on a ladder, or stool, to access, the case feeder lowering simplifies things. Not everyone who reloads is in perfect health,.

Since the 1050 appears to be on a square piece of straight up and down tubing, cut her down until your content. Make sure your MBF is still able to feed them pills into the press. I have the 650 with a Hornady Bullet Feeder. I didnt have the issue that you might run in to. The Hornady has its own stand and by me lowering the case feeder had no effect on the bullet feeder.

Edited by Franco79

My factory tube is .72". The 3/4" tune should work fine. To get the beveled edge like the factory tube has all you have to do is take a deburring tool and turn it inside of the tube a couple of times until it thins out

Offhand, does anyone know where to get the clear tubing that Dillon uses? I have a ... creative... use for a case feeder and could use about 6 continuous feet of it.

http://www.lnt.com/product/plumbing-parts/11442-504991/lees-rigid-plastic-tubing.html

Free shipping.

Edited by Franco79

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you that have lowered the case feeder, what did you use to make the cuts? Hacksaw? Dremel? Chopsaw? I see the OP used a pipe cutter but I don't have access to one so looking for other options.

Thanks

No Lowes nearby?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_330215-16878-54075_0__?productId=3308318&Ntt=pipe+cutter&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpipe%2Bcutter&facetInfo=

Pipe cutter will make the cleanest "cut" as it rolls the tubing in as it cuts. No need for filing. However, any of the above tools you mentioned will work.

Back in the day, when Mr Dilon was developing these machines over at Star Machine Works. He was really talented and clever and I watched with great fascination. The public was always welcome to come on in and use them. All day long and most evenings people came in to load their ammo the fast way and try to break the machines. I was a young boy then and loading ammo was a new thing and everybody was interested. Well, they hired me to sweep the primers off the floor (that's a whole nother story). Anyway, Mr. Dilon noticed that some of the shooters liked to look at themselves in the mirror that happened to be behind the machines on the wall. Occasionally I'd see see some guy standing there loading and checking his hair at the same time so he raised the casefeeder so they could see better. He said they were Ipshac shooters whatever that is. I learned real quick that all those shooters would run out of primers real quick because his machines were so darned fast, and I could sell the new primers from the floor back to them at 3 times the price and the old primers could be melted down for what Mr. Dilon called "Obtainium". He said I should save the Obtanium and eventually I could turn it in to him for the special "Youqusee" units he would make just for friends (5 out of 6 of my Dilon units are this type, but that's another story for later too). Anyway, I thought ya'll might be interested in why the casefeeder is so tall.

Your friend,

John Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, I certainly bucked that trend, and moved both the case feeder and the Mr. Bulletfeeder higher on one of my 1050's... this way they block the view and the access to the shelves much less. I bolted them to the construction post, more convenient that way.

I can still see inside, but frankly, I almost never do, the sound tells the whole story.

post-21305-0-60964300-1435154165_thumb.j