Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon's new catalog cover.....

TDean

Quote: from TDean on 6:48 pm on Sep. 24, 2002

Quote: from Steve

What ever happened to the swimsuit issue Dillon used to do?

REALLY??!!  *ears perked*

Well they used to...I think it typically landed around January (to coincide with another publication's "swimsuit" issue).  I believe the last time they did it was around 1999 but I could be wrong....maybe it was longer ago.

Quote: from gm iprod on 1:12 am on Sep. 25, 2002

I want a job with Dillon in whatever dept the girls work in. I may even do it for free.

The girls don't work at Dillon - I checked....  ;-)  You'll have to put your app in at the modeling agency like everyone else.  

Or Mike's job will do.

Be careful what you ask for.  Yes, Mike Dillon has nice toys and gets to play with them, but he has to be one hard-working SOB.  It's the only explanation for how much he's accomplished.  

I think everybody looks at the finished products that work so well and think they were equally easy to design and produce.  They're not.  Plus, just to get all those nifty gadgets into production takes some major capital outlay.  Writing $250,000 checks for new tooling can really pucker you, even if you're a millionaire.

I'm sure it's all a labor of love, but I'll just bet Mike Dillon and family put in a lot of 12-14 hour days to make it all come together.

E

I was afraid of that.

So I just have to go back to my gunshop for those 12-14 hour days and hope like hell I can find a new shop girl thats that good looking.

EricW send me your email by the messenger and I will email some of the toys I build. Ask Flex he's seen some.

And there is no way I am going to front up at the model agency, unless it's called UGLY Inc, Real UGLY.

Besides the ugliness, those thongs ride up, and I look crap in a mini skirt.

(Edited by gm iprod at 4:34 am on Sep. 26, 2002)

Mark Pixler, the editor of the Blue Press, gets to supervise the photo shoots. He describes it as "my favorite part of the job." Go figure.

I posted a link to the thread in an e-mail to Mark. Here was his reply:

"Duane,

Thanks! I've already had to endure the calls from women who are offended by the cover, and one from a woman who was upset because she didn't want her teen-aged daughters to see their father lusting after a slut on the cover of his new catalog. I told her that the "slut" in question happens to be a nurse who has been married (to the same guy, even!) for ten years and has a little girl who calls her "Mommy!"

Mark"