Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr. Bulletfeeder?

Has anyone tried this? How does it work compared to the standard feeder. Says that it holds a 100 bullets per magazine. I normally load about 300-500 rounds at a time so don't mind sitting around and loading up a few of these. Then loading my rounds. Its Roughly half the price of the Mr. Bulletfeeder

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is like comparing a vibra prime and an RF100.

Check the cost for that additional magazine. If you need additional 3 and its 70% of the price of Mr. B. Id go with Mr B.

I like getting into my reloading with the shortest amount of time spent. RF100, Mr. B, 1050.

The main benifit of a bullet feeder doesn't show up until you have a collator.

agreed. Loading tubes of any kind sucks. That's why we all work so hard to get away from loading primer tubes by hand. For that kind of money I think LEE tubes would be just as effective. I wonder how many rounds could be loaded on a 650 while placing bullets by hand compared to loading all those tubes up first. I like being able to just throw a handful of bullets in the MBF every time I reload primers in the machine

It's a shame they don't sell caliber conversions for the dropper tubes, as I'd like to have a set from them, then make my own collator. But $100.00 per dropper tube assembly is a bit steep.

If you make a better product for less you will stay as busy as they are.

Edited by jmorris

It's a shame they don't sell caliber conversions for the dropper tubes, as I'd like to have a set from them, then make my own collator. But $100.00 per dropper tube assembly is a bit steep.

If you make a better product for less you will stay as busy as they are.

How very true!

HI All,

it works beautifully, but I do agree with the comments that it's not a complete solution. Good comparison - the RF100 and the Vibra prime. I would go with the RF100 (and do...)

but, if I could not afford an RF100, or chose not to spend that much money on my reloading gear, I would be extremely pleased to have a Viba-prime... (and did, back then...)

Same logic applies to the new Mini Mr.Bulletfeeder by DAA. We do not advertise it as being better than the full system. of course, without the collator, you will need to fill the tubes. But, as anyone who loads with a bullet feeder can tell you - it does make the loading faster and easier. It is does work! perfectly! its so simple and reliable that it is a pleasure to use with any bullet type.

so this new Mini Mr.Bulletfeeder by DAA is another option. A less expensive one, and the best option out there for a limited budget reloader.

thanks for your interest!

Saul Kirsch,

Double-Alpha Academy

Saul;

Will you ever release just caliber conversion kits for the drop tubes? I load 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 SPL, .45 ACP, .223, and .308. Having to buy a complete drop tube for each caliber as the individual parts are not available is what keeps me from buying your bullet feeder.

-BH

Will you ever release just caliber conversion kits for the drop tubes? I load 9mm, .40 S&W, .38 SPL, .45 ACP, .223, and .308. Having to buy a complete drop tube for each caliber as the individual parts are not available is what keeps me from buying your bullet feeder.

I haven't handled any of the "new design" droppers but in the older ones the ID of the entire tube changed with caliber. The conversion "kit" contained the dropper and all of the parts to convert the collator for around $120.

I would imagine with the non collated version they are now offering you could get just the drop tube without collator parts.

You can also save a little money using the same set up for 38 SPL that you use for 9mm.

I haven't handled any of the "new design" droppers but in the older ones the ID of the entire tube changed with caliber. The conversion "kit" contained the dropper and all of the parts to convert the collator for around $120.

I would imagine with the non collated version they are now offering you could get just the drop tube without collator parts.

You can also save a little money using the same set up for 38 SPL that you use for 9mm.

That's pretty much what I meant. There's two parts to the dropper. The exterior piece with the threads, and the interior piece that holds the ball bearings. It would be nice to be able to buy the interior piece for each caliber, along with the ball bearings. Hence, a caliber conversion kit.

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty much what I meant. There's two parts to the dropper. The exterior piece with the threads, and the interior piece that holds the ball bearings. It would be nice to be able to buy the interior piece for each caliber, along with the ball bearings. Hence, a caliber conversion kit.

How much cheaper do you think leaving a plastic tube and lock nut out of the dropper is going to make it? The cost of the materials and manufacturing is minimal, the price is in the patent.

Regarding the mini-bulletfeeder I saw this and thought it was a neat idea, however I'm not sure I see value without the collator. That said I used the dropper without the collator to work around a problem with a limited number of lead rounds I was loading, and it really didn't slow me down at all. The dropper has a much wider mouth than the brass, which means you just need the bullet oriented properly to drop it into the assembly line, and since the dropper holds 5-7 rounds even if you miss a beat you can keep cranking the lever and it's easy to catch up.

This is like comparing a vibra prime and an RF100.

Check the cost for that additional magazine. If you need additional 3 and its 70% of the price of Mr. B. Id go with Mr B.

I like getting into my reloading with the shortest amount of time spent. RF100, Mr. B, 1050.

I have the same loading equipment. My time and comfort is important, and the little extra cost is well work it to me. While I do enjoy loading, when its 108 in the garage or 42 I am not real interested in stanging and loading bullets. JFWIW

:roflol:

I see the value of mini Mr B if you have multiple presses and load maybe few hundreds at a time. I have never touched a bullet or punch primer since i got my RF100 and Mr B a year ago. Those two alone cost an XL650. But just after a few thousand rounds later using them, its well worth it.

Also it depends on your budget. Like Ken said, its about time and comfort. I have a 15 month old boy shouting papa each time im home so when he's asleep, every second counts=)

Ordered one to play with, got it today. Mini is a true word, and we aren't talking heavy metal on this puppy. Experimenting with it went well, did a basic setup using the Dillon powder funnel, sent an email asking if I had t use the enclosed one or if I could just us the Dillon.

Seats great in spot 3 on my 650, had a brief concern before getting it that it would interfere with the Redding Bullet Seating Die, but there is adequate clearance between it and the powder measure. Turns easy enough to cycle through the tubes, and if I see any issue off the bat, need to have a couple of these loaded and ready to go - just like primer tubes.

May run some this weekend and will give an update if I do.

I only load about 150-200 at a time , this does look good and I'm going to give it a try also. It's 1/4 of the price of a Mr BF and with my numbers needed each week I can't quite see the need to splash out on the big machine.

Set it up and played with it. Discovered what Saul recommends, use their die as it sets the throat to hold the bullet while the Dillon die just flairs it out.

Pleased with it so far. Found some of the leftover tubes I bought when making a DIY bullet feeder. Filled them with bullets and they can quickly "reload" the mini. Has potential.

This looks like a great product for someone that only loads a small volume or maybe on a Lee LCT. I have the regular MBF and absolutely LOVE it. If you can afford it, I would definitely recommend the MBF, well worth the price.