Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need info for 9MM loads for a comped STI 2011/Not HS6

billy396

I have a STI 2011 in 9MM. I need to develop some loads, but since I'm having a hard time finding HS-6 or AutoComp, I need some powder that will take advantage of the comp. Hopefully some of the more experienced members here will help me with new loads for this new 2011, which I love.

I've been told that 3n37 is really nice in 9mm Major. I don't know the exact charge weight as I'm a 38sc shooter! :) Dig around on the old threads and I'm sure you'll find some starting info. Although, 3n37 may be just as hard to find these days as HS6! :(

Long shot is good as long as your gun isn't a shorty and doent have holes. Not only is it loud but once you compress it , it started to loose velocity for me. My gun has a 4.5 inch barrel and no holes and I could only make 169 PF with it, when I bumped it up the PF went down ( I was slightly limited on o.a.l. Though).

5.0 gr 7625 using 124gr MG bullets seated to 1.155 ... 4.5 gr W-231 using 124gr MG FMJ bullets seated to 1.155 COL.. but i prefer... auto comp powder... 5.6 gr using 124 MG FMJ bullets.. seated to 1.155 COL .... auto comp seems to work the comp best..