Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Beretta has arrived *pics added

Sgtsvi

This is a slick gun. I have installed a +6 NC tube and I'm waiting on the HiViz tricomp sight and Briley chokes to complete the package. The loading port is really opened up and shells go in smooth. Now if the temp will dip below 103 degrees I will go shoot it.

image_zps6f165c49.jpg

Edited by Sgtsvi

Yes it's a 24" 1301. I have a Salient M2 already and wanted a backup shotgun that didn't need a lot of work to make ready. I'm also a huge Beretta shotgun fan and love to see that Beretta has finally decided to jump into the sport and listen to 3 gun shooters on the design.

The weight is about the same as the Benelli as far as I can tell. I will know more after I run a couple of hundred rounds through the gun but so far it seems like a good 3 gun shotgun. I have done some weak hand and dropping dueces with the Beretta and they rounds go in as slick as my M2. The Salient has a better trigger but that can be fixed on the Beretta as well so I'm impressed so far. It is a lot lighter than the Mossberg and SLP for sure.

Here are some close ups of the action and features. I added the tricomp sight and removed the mid bead because it was distracting to me and I only use one on clay guns to ensure proper alignment and setup for the targets.

post-2458-0-71147000-1375475977_thumb.jp

post-2458-0-38451400-1375476004_thumb.jp

post-2458-0-47966700-1375476019_thumb.jp

post-2458-0-00040000-1375476042_thumb.jp

Very nice, can't wait to hear a range report on it. I was thinking about buying one of these for my first 3-gun shotgun but ended up with a JM last weekend.

If it runs good I might have to pick one up for my girlfriend and try to get her to shoot matches with me, she loves anything Beretta.