Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More scope lens

cecil

After shooting a couple hundred rounds 5.5gr of Auto Comp in my Steel Master the lens on my C More looked to have some foreign stuff on it that Windex would not take off... so I sent a email to C More asking if there was any way to remove this "cloudness" on the lens of my scope.. they promptly answered me stating to clean the lens with Hoppes #9 .. followed by some Windex... I used a q-tip moistened with Hoppes then Windex.. I had to use this method twice ... it took off all the "cloudness" now my C More scope is clear as when I first got it..

I think it was from the blast of the comp using Auto Comp powder..

maybe everyone else knew this.. but thought I might pass it on..

good tip. But put a blast shield on it to cut down on the dirty lens.

both My STI Steel Masters .... HAVE A BLAST SHIELD.. but with 5.5 gr of Auto Comp... it my scope gets some stuff on it..

The fine print on Schueman Hybrid barrel instructions notes that blast shields make the lens build-up worse because it creates a swirl effect that moves more smoke and debris to the lens

Shay over at Akai told me to mix vinegar and toothpaste to clean the blast residue off of my Shogun.

Made up a slurry and rubbed it on with a Q-tip.

Worked awesome.

I think toothpaste would scratches in the glass lens..

The fine print on Schueman Hybrid barrel instructions notes that blast shields make the lens build-up worse because it creates a swirl effect that moves more smoke and debris to the lens

might be a hybrid thing? I run 7.3 WAC in my gun and the blast shield gets truly nasty but my lens only gets an occasional spot of oil on it. Then again I wipe my lens off every match with a hanky but it is clean anyway.

Vinager with q-tip works good. Let it set for a minute or two and wipe it off with damp towel then use a little sight-saver cleaning pad to give it a final cleaning.

I'll have to try it with a little toothpaste, maybe it will give the c-more minty fresh breath.

Edited by Bamboo

My primary Open gun has a Schueman Hybrid barrel with 3 holes plus a 3 port comp. Initially I ran it without the blast shield. It was not long before I added one. Will not shoot it again without the shield in place.

FWIW, my gun is a 5" using VV N-350 under MG 124 gr JHP.

Bill

ShootingChef (Ken Cobb) out of Dallas mixes up some stuff called "Dot Drool" for cleaning the CMore Lense.

I picked up some at the Cowtown Classic 2013 in Cresson, TX and it does the job. Shooters Source handles distribution.

http://www.shootingchef.com/resources-and-products/dot-drool/

Edited by Flatland Shooter