Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Introducing the Francis Hammer

sbcman

How light can you make it with a spur?
I don't care if it is narrowed, thinned, or slotted, as long as I can draw the hammer back far enough to drop the stop and roll the cylinder to be sure I don't have a bent clip or fouling under the star. And so long as it is not reduced so much as to break off from impact.

How light can you make it with a spur?

I don't care if it is narrowed, thinned, or slotted, as long as I can draw the hammer back far enough to drop the stop and roll the cylinder to be sure I don't have a bent clip or fouling under the star. And so long as it is not reduced so much as to break off from impact.

you can do the same thing by slightly pulling the trigger

Seeings how this necro'd back, I would add that there is no flag in the pic with the side plate off.

It will be dq'd on an idpa inspection for removal of a safety device.

Fair warning in case you are on your way to indoor nationals this week...

Here is how I "roll check" for bent clips with no hammer spur.

On older guns with a hammer mounted firing pin I use a dillion hairpin clip like is on the end of primer fill tubes and slip it over the firing pin which will keep the hammer from going forward all the way. This way you NEVER have to touch the trigger while you check clips with live ammo in them.

On frame mounted firing pin guns I take a Q-tip and stick it between the hammer and firing pin from the top and it might take a little adjusting but it will hold the hammer back enough to let you spin the cylinder.

These will keep you from touching the trigger with a loaded gun.

Once you have some experience, you can tell if there is a problem with the moonclip or the loaded rounds by simply dropping the loaded moon into the cylinder. The feeling of a good loaded moonclip dropping home is unmistakeable.

The whole "roll check" ritual is really not necessary. I quit doing it years ago.

It's best to have enough loaded moons to get through an entire match day. Drop check the moons the night before, and you will have no problems.

Once you have some experience, you can tell if there is a problem with the moonclip or the loaded rounds by simply dropping the loaded moon into the cylinder. The feeling of a good loaded moonclip dropping home is unmistakeable.

The whole "roll check" ritual is really not necessary. I quit doing it years ago.

It's best to have enough loaded moons to get through an entire match day. Drop check the moons the night before, and you will have no problems.

Not nearly as experienced as you, but same here. When its bent it very clearly does not drop the same. That's good enough for LAMR.

I drop check them all in a spare cylinder before the stage though I wish I had enough hearthco's to make it through the IRC without needing to load them during the match...

In our sport, anything can happen :roflol:

Maybe find a different sport. Like USPSA.

Or fishing. I don't have the skills for USPSA, they don't make a class low enough. Double that since I don't have an 8 shooter LOL.

Seeings how this necro'd back, I would add that there is no flag in the pic with the side plate off.

Necro indeed! Not sure how all this came back up LOL

Thanks for the advice, but I'm skipping SWIN this year. Flag is back on though so it's all good. Shoot well if you're heading to Springfield.

Is the "flag" part of the lock a "safety device" or a "storage lock"?

The flag on a revo was deemed a storage lock and can be removed - 8.1.6.1

There are 2 parts that people sometimes refer to as "the flag". There is the part that is the hammer block and it rides in front of the hammer and it will block the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled back. The hammer block has a long stem with a rectangular piece at the end and resembles a flag. The other part that gets refered to as a flag is the internal lock that locks the hammer in place with the use of a key through the left side plate.

The internal lock can now be removed and still be OK for an IDPA inspection as it was finally ruled a storage device. Removal of the other part, the hammer block, will get you DQ'ed at an IDPA inspection as it is ruled a safety device.