Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PACT MKIV shot!

sgrc1

So, I was happy with the chrono function of the MKIV timer until I shot thru one of the sensors!! :angry:

Has anyone bought replacement sensors? and skyscreens?, if yes from who?, cost? and delivery time?. I appreciate an email address since I am overseas and don´t want to call international to order this

txs

One of our local heros shot his twice in the past couple of months. It lived through the first one, but I am sad to report, gave its life on the second one. He is a great guy with a great sense of humor, which helps a lot in his circle of friends. Relentlessly brutal at first, but someone else will do something stupid soon, and it will all fade away.

:ph34r:

I would have claimed self defense.

song"I shot the chrono, but I did not shoot his deputy" B)

I've been told if you reload you have either shot a chronograph or you will.  I am still in the group who will.  :D

Score:

Kenny 3 Chrono 0

I have killed 2 Competition Electronics and an Oeler 33. :ph34r:

Kenny

On the fun side, a guy I use to shoot with shot 2 of Tommy Weston's chronos at Area 4 one year with a 45. After the second one, Tommy scored him minor. :(

The plastic on the top of my rear sensor has been patched with electric tape where a bullet hole mysteriously appeared one day ;)

I have since learned to chrono while aiming at a target.

My procedure for chronoing my 7mm mag reloads:

1. Set Target

2. Stand the recommended 8 ft behind the chrono

3. Load and fire one round

4. Lay empty rifle with action open on the bench

5. Find where the muzzle blast blew the skyscreens and reinstall them

6. Repeat # 2 through 6 until finished :rolleyes:

"So, I was happy with the chrono function of the MKIV timer until I shot thru one of the sensors!!"

Dang it! Them damn things dont work half as good after you shoot 'em. Gad dang defective product if ya ask me. So I hear. . . not like I know. Or anything.

Pact's phone # is on the back of your timer.

EricW, thanks - I noticed the number inmediatly after I shot the chrono, however as I said, don´t want to make an international phone call to order this piece, most likely phone call will end up being more expensive than repair part.. :( - reason why I was looking for an email address.

Our host was kind enough to send me an email address, however I tried it twice and got the message bounced back, so I figured it wasn´t working

I guess I will just have to take the additional cost and call, as I also checked their web site the day I shot the timer and didn´t find an email address.

-