Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Division Production Optic

mark carr

For some of the folks who don't want any more divisions, many of us on here - and not on the forum - started when there weren't any "divisions". Suppose from that point on everyone fought against anything new, think where it would be now.

Good point. :cheers:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subcompact .380's, J-frame revolvers, etc all far outnumber optics usage in real life usage and are quite popular, but we still aren't rushing to create new rules and divisions to accommodate them.

Pocket gun division rules...pick 5 targets and shoot at them, throw empty 6 ounce gun at a 6th target, scream for a friend to finish the course for you...that might be fun. :)

I can't believe this isnt getting more traction. Its the greatest thing i have ever heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well my eyes are bad. this working life has been hard on them. went the glasses route, 1 pair= see rear sight, pair# 2 = see front sight, pair # 3 see the target. 2 different eye DR. I gave up shooting. well I am back to shooting.

Healey_0233_zpsa94d1143.jpg

I love the production optic idea.

If I ran a club match it would be easy enough to separate it out. Score them Open minor, but separate them out of the Open results. Easy Peasy. In fact, I don't think Open minor is catching on anytime soon, so several guys could sign up with their Production Optic guns and it would be real easy to figure out. Don't even need permission. Just get a group together and shoot Open minor.

I do love the idea, and as the shooting community ages, it'll happen. It just plain makes sense and its so EASY to do, add an optic to any legit Production gun. Simple. All rules stay same.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of negativity associated with good easy ideas. Something like this adds shooters.