Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Gold Trigger

tohm

bagdrag, on 25 Jun 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

co-exprs, on 24 Jun 2013 - 1:36 PM, said:

I have a few 1911/2011 pistols all with excellent trigger jobs. The AR Gold triggers are slightly better than my best 1911 triggers. The take up is shorter, the break is even more crisp, the over travel is shorter and the reset is also shorter. Funny how I mentioned earlier that if you get below a .15 split on an AR10 you could outrun the bolt... well it happened to me yesterday morning at the Pueblo Tac Rifle match and on the speed stage. The subsiquent recharge killed my score. I'm not a fast trigger puller but the AR Gold is the only trigger fast enough for me to outrun the bolt on a 308 (on rare occasion). Should probably lay off the Rock Star energy drinks. :)

I discourage myself from stating that publicly because doing so would seem to reduce the mystique of a good 1911 trigger job. The fact that you can get that type of a trigger in drop-in format seems mind boggling.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a pragmatic guy too. You'll just have to try one and see for youself. If you find something better than what you have, then bonus! If not then you can sleep well wanting what you already have. Cheers!

I'm a pragmatic guy too. You'll just have to try one and see for youself. If you find something better than what you have, then bonus! If not then you can sleep well wanting what you already have. Cheers!

We still talking about triggers?

I will say you don't see this much in the shooting industry:

Try our trigger for 30 days. The AR Gold trigger will improve your shooting, or we’ll buy it back from you.

Has anyone compared the AR Gold to the Geiselle Hi-speed triggers? They seem to be in the same price range but I'm not easily accesible to either to try them out.

I have a Geiselle and played with another rifle equipped with the Gold at the last match. Yes, the AR Gold is the superior product. I don't have one yet, but will.

Has anyone compared the AR Gold to the Geiselle Hi-speed triggers? They seem to be in the same price range but I'm not easily accesible to either to try them out.

I have a Geiselle and played with another rifle equipped with the Gold at the last match. Yes, the AR Gold is the superior product. I don't have one yet, but will.

Is that a Hi-Speed Match/DMR/Service trigger? I've heard some say that the Hi-Speed is superior to any of the other Geissele offerings. I'm very skeptical that it is better than the AR Gold, but this is what I've heard. I've tried most of the other Geissele designs and they are not even close to the AR Gold. The only other trigger I'm looking to try to compare to the AR Gold at this point is the Wilson Combat TTU, but I am unwilling to pay the full premium for one. Looking at pics of the TTU now, it seems very similar in mechanical design to most any other traditional AR trigger. So I'm not expecting another leap in performance compared to the Gold. If I get in the mood to pay the premium on a trigger, I may just settle on getting a Gold again.

For me, the AR-Gold is better than the Geissele Hi-Speed.

Triggers I typically recommend (or use myself):

Jard drop-in comes with it's own safety, which you have to use. Adjustable from under 2 to about 4 pounds. If it would take the Novekse short throw safety, it would undoubtedly be my #1 pick.

POF drop-in with the Noveske short throw. This is a bullet-proof trigger. It is a bit heavier and it is what I use in my "has to work" AR. I have put several of these into friends ARs who are LEO.

CMC drop-in, again with a Noveske short throw, has got to be the value leader. There are others a tad lighter, but these are darn good triggers and I have several of them.

JP original really is a standard by which I judge the others. They are very good, but at some point, they will need readjustment.

AR-Gold drop-in is to me, another standard setter.

I've gone through a tuned stock trigger set, Timney Competition, Geissele Hi-Speed National Match, Geissele S3G, and AR Gold in my rifle since it was built. My two favorites were the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match and the AR Gold.

For me, I think it comes down to what the rifle is intended to do. Once I had the Hi-Speed Match setup tuned, it was the nicest two stage trigger I've ever had the joy to press. If I were building a pure long range or target rifle this would be my go to trigger set. But for the sport of multi gun, I find the AR Gold to be perfect for my use. All the previous comments I agree with. Light and crisp with a super short reset.

I want to figure out how to improve the reset spring pressure slightly then it will be hands down perfect for my liking...

I want to figure out how to improve the reset spring pressure slightly then it will be hands down perfect for my liking...

I believe that would require replacing a spring in the trigger mechanism which ATC is reluctant to provide. From what I've heard, a few of the pros using the Gold have replaced the spring for better reset pressure.

I just put my new trigger in is there anything in particular to lubricate it with or just light gun oil?

I put some where the carrier contacts the hammer face and light grease at the hammer and sear surface where I can reach as well as where the hammer meets the disconnector. Less is more with oil on AR triggers.

I just installed my new AR Gold trigger. All I have done so far is dry fired it but I am still impressed. My only issue is it seems to have some lateral play, almost as though the pins aren't keeping it completely secure. Has anyone else come across this?