Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VZ Beretta grips

jte

Have any of my fellow Beretta lovers tried VZ grips out? I'm curious about a couple things if you have. Are they thinner than stock panels? Thicker? I can handle a bit thinner, don't want thicker.

How about shifting your grip? When you shift the gun to reload, do they let you do it, or are they so grippy they make it hard to do that?

The checkering on them seems to me to be a bit low, the factory panels have checkering all the way up to the top grip screws, but VZ seems to stop short. It looks to me like the meaty part of my left hand would be on the smooth part of the grip. Am I right about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I put the hogue wrap-around grips on my beretta. Those things are incredibly grippy and don't give me a problem when shifting my grip to reload. In fact, when I tried the gun again with the factory grips, I thought the gun was too slippery.

I haven't tried the VZ grips, but I wouldn't worry about them being too grippy.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I'd like to start shooting SSP in IDPA matches, so I put the factory grips back on. The gun moves around too much in my hand when I shift grips to release the mag. I'm sure I'd get used to it, but I ended up putting some grip tape on there. It's SOOO much better than the stock grips.

http://www.amazon.com/6-Pack-Glock-Grip-Tape-acquisition/dp/B00C7WXTJS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373564839&sr=8-2&keywords=glock+grip+tape

I also put some on the slide over the ridges so I don't accidentally release the slide & have the safety selector hit my hands (which happens from time to time)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We use VZ grips on our Berettas. They are almost identical thickness, though maybe just slightly thicker. We have the more aggressive golf ball texture. It does not present a problem during adjusting grip, though your hands will likely have to build up some callouses. I believe that the texture does not extend up to the top screw due to its aggressive nature. It may tear up your thumbs if it did.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I put their golf ball grips on my 92A1 and love them. My brother has them on his 92FS and is also very happy with them. They are pretty grippy, but we haven't had any issues as far as manipulating the gun. Your support hand will ride up on the smooth part, but again, no issues with that either. The G10 material, even without checkering, seems to do a nice job. At least for us anyway.

• 1 month later...

As FSU shooter said we use VZ golf ball texture on the FSU team. I am a huge fan of them. Very grippy.

Also I believe VZ is going to start making the texture all the way up!

IMAG0175_zpsdd6decd1.jpg

I've got VZ grips on my Beretta and they seem identical in size and shape. Yes, they have a more aggressive texture, but absolutely no issues if you need to slightly turn the gun to access mag release.

Definitely get yourself a set of VZ's.

BerettaElitewithVZgrips_zpsa921000d.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Best grips I have used on a Beretta.

An EII, Wilson, or M9A1 checkered frame with them is amazing.

I like the slant grips.

I used to consider the Ergo grips my favorite, but they do not make them anymore and I prefer the VZs any way.

Grip is similar to factory size wise, a sliver smaller in just the right places.

• 2 weeks later...

I just acquired one of the Italian police 92S pistols and would like to replace the grips with the VZ golfball grips. Would the G10 grips be difficult to grind down to allow for the mag release at the bottom of the grip?

I know I need good respirator and all that but any tips or experience doing this?