Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd place

Sharyn

I hate being an Open C class shooter who shot a 70.24% (my best score ever) of Lee Dimaculangan (high overall beating two other Open GMs) and LOSING my class!!!...?!?!?!

I love this game but DAMN it gets frustrating sometimes!!!

It doesn't help that they forgot to give me my 2nd place aka 1st loser trophy. Yeah... I'm pouting... this happened a week ago and I'm still pouting!!!

:angry:

I swear I'm going to tie that little sandbagging C class, punk, teenager who beat me, shoelaces together at the next match!!! :lol:

good luck.  with the shoe tieing thing man, i have done similar.. just leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

Well I don't plan on tying them with my tongue, silly! :P

If that's something you're capable of... uh... where do you live again? :D

Notice that's not 300lbGentleman. But you have to admire that he can type so well after dragging his knuckles everywhere.

I lost the Limited match last week to the Brazilian Juggernaut due to ... well I can't say 'cause it's against the Hate forum rules to bag on USPSA rules. But there really is nothing worse than First Loser.

And you will know him by the trail of dead sights.

Hey!?!? I just noticed your new title... where's my "GM - eyelash batting" title??? :lol:

Sorry to hear that, Erik.

Losing in itself, sucks... losing with a good performance SUCKS WORSE!!! verymad.gif

wall.gif

Where's the support group for this?

Well, I don't play to lose. I shoot to learn and improve something everytime I compete. That way, there's always a positive outcome. :D

shred, you're correct. There are different degrees of gratification. You can't choose your competitors.

Some people would call 2nd place "incentive".

Did I ask myself, "Could I have closed that 3% gap if I made practice that day instead of sleeping in? 15 minutes more of dryfire? 1/4 second more and one less D hit?" YOU BETCHA! Incentive?... HECK YEAH! I'm fired up now!!! The day that I shoot a perfect match... and lose... is the day I quit. ;)

Am I proud of 2nd place with a 70.24%? Yuup. Do I think I can do better? Yuup. Would I have gotten more satisfaction from 1st place? Wouldn't you???

If second place is first lose, what is third place, total loser?

Perspective. There is only one winner. You can't strive for 2nd place and expect to win.

And I shower every day, too!!!

Impressive!!! :wub::lol:

I hope not....

If there is one thing I've learned, its possible to do everything right and still lose.

Is there such a thing as a "perfect match"? To me, perfection is an illusion but we still strive for it.

There's always something to improve upon.

:D

Is there such a thing as a "perfect match"? To me, perfection is an illusion but we still strive for it.

I think so --- in the sense that on that day, you do everything perfectly --- to the limits of your ability. That doesn't mean that you get to win however --- someone better than you could also be shooting a "perfect" match that day --- or someone much better could be shooting a sloppy match and beating you.....

Guest Larry Cazes

Even though this is the hate forum, I just can't agree with calling a second place finish "first loser". This is definitely a glass half empty attitude!

Even though this is the hate forum, I just can't agree with calling a second place finish "first loser".  This is definitely a glass half empty attitude!

Amen. I wonder how Todd Jarrett would feel being called "first loser" at the last World Shoot?

Wow... I feel so misunderstood. :(

Did I win my class? No. Did I "win" 2nd place? Sure... if that wording is more appealing to some. I suppose I threw "1st loser" in my post more as a 'cliche'. Considering what the responses have been to this somewhat flippant comment... I think I need to consult my morale mentor/advisor and get a status report on my attitude. (I'm not joking.)

Would I ever refer to Todd Jarrett as a loser? No.

Am I a pessimist? Absolutely not.

Am I hard on myself? Absolutely. That's what drives me to excel.

Where the hell is Lanny Bassham to help me phrase this?

<_<

If I shot my very best at a match and came in 2nd, then I got more work to do! I'll still be very pleased with my performance and there is a lot to learn, even when you are shooting well. It just means that the person that beat me is better than me.

Motivation! Sometimes it's hard to come by, sometimes it isn't.

Take the good out of the experience, learn from the bad, and get back to work so that you can beat that kid!

There's a 15yo kid here that I shoot Cowboy with. He beats me all the time. Everytime I close the gap, he finds a new gear. It's making us both work harder. As a result, he placed 8th at the World's this past year. I hope to see him win it in the next few.

Now I got him out shooting Steel Challenge. It's making us both better.

Joel

lol sharyn - i've watched you shoot, you get better every match =], even those major matches too, although i think i jinx you when im around :blink: .... and about that local match... fyi to everybody - i shot that match like crap w/ penalties up the butt - but im guessing everyone else had their share of it - i even left before the results were up because i screwed up so bad

everyone has their share of 2nd/3rd places- but if theres somethin i've learned over that past few years - its to keep goin - once you get that first place. dont be satisfied.. if you're not ready to move up, aim at beating others in classes above you (which u already do)

keep in mind, these local matches measure how well you'll perform in a major match (especially if theres 3 gm's around <_< ) - now seriously, in all the major matches ive shot, ive only placed in a class 3x. - each time you strive to get better and work on your weaknesses - it pays off fast =]

so sharyn - i like your attitude :D - it reminds me of me, just dont let it frustrate you - its always great to have that competitive spirit, but like you said, after each match you shoot, take that as experience and learn from it =]

see you at the next qualifier B)