Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in Short Reset Trigger

alma

It looked like the CZ Custom shop is now selling a drop in disconnector for the Short Reset Trigger System. They say on the website that the performance might not match the custom fit from CZC, but being able to improve the trigger without having to send my gun back to Arizona is also very welcome option. I just put one on order and can't wait to get it installed.

Here is the link. I would be interested whether anyone has experience with this part yet.

https://czcustom.com/czshortresetdisconnector.aspx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just comparing the CZ disco to the my Tanfo one and I think I can make it work! As far as I can tell the only difference is the pin hole: 2.25mm vs 2.5mm on the Tanfo. Obviously I plan to try it with one of my stock CZ discos before I shell out the dough for the CZC one.

Yep, the sky high shipping routinely prevents me from ordering from CZ Custom. I ordered two parts that will fit in a flat rate envelope, but had to pay $12 tax. Eerw, I know it isn't your decision, but I really wish you guys would reevaluate your shipping process.

I think so. I made my own disco mod with silver solder and it does the same thing as above and I think it's outstanding and will never go back to the stock disco.

The thing is tho it doesn't really help anyone that rides the trigger forward just past the reset point but for those who slap the trigger it removes a lot of the travel to the break point.

CGW said there is more improvements than just the shorter travel with his up coming disco so I'll be patiently waiting. Also nothing against CZC but I think the CGW disco is going to be price 38+3 dollars shipping so 41 dollars vs CZC's disco at 55+12=67 bucks.

So is the short reset trigger system really that great?

I think you will like it. But, even coming from a Glock it took, and still is taking, a lot of getting used to. You, coming from a CZ, might not have that much of a problem. But, once you get used to it you will really like it. Closest thing to a 1911 trigger you get can on a DA/SA trigger, IMO.

I wanted to comment on thompsoncustom post #10. The CGW disco will incorporate a much needed change in the disco's timing. I have to send out a pic several times a week showing folks how to fix their disco's. The CGW disco will have the DA timing advanced sufficiently to put an end to this problem, plus deliver the short SA reset.

David

Gunsmith

What is the issue with the DA timing that it needs to be changed?

Depending on the guns and tolerances. when setting up in a trigger job the timing can change.

Some people run into the situation when the hammer releases in single action, it will catch the disconnector. If you relieve the wings it moves the DA release up to eliminate the possibility of that issue. This can happen with the stock disconnector when you begin changing out parts and altering surfaces.

Tolerances in CZ pistols are reason even drop in parts might need some attention. For the best triggers, it best to fit each part. hammer, sear, disconnector, trigger bar, safety, springs, firing pin.

Edited by eerw

I got mine this afternoon and finished the install a few hours ago. I should have taken a picture of the part before hand but if you are curious it resembles the Canik disconnector, http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz262/sdw1961/Canik%20USA/canik318.jpg

The product worked mostly as advertised and I measure my SA pretravel now at 0.15 inches. The only issue I noticed is that initially the DA trigger pull was not dropping the hammer. Instead it would essentially cock the hammer and I would have to pull the trigger a second time in SA to get the hammer to fall.

This issue seems to hate largely corrected itself now with a bit of dry firing and now I am getting full functionality in DA and SA modes. I am very happy with the results and will let everyone know how it works out during live fire.

I just received the CZ Custom disconnectors in the mail today and installed them both (85 Combat with CGW hammer kit, SP01 Shadow) as soon as I got home from an out of town match - WOW. Just a tiny bit of pre-travel. If you've got a non-firing pin block CZ, you have to have this. Great job CZ Custom.

I installed them both in about 20 minutes total. If I recall, when I first cracked open the 85 combat to put the CGW hammer kit in, I had alot of trouble getting the pins out of the hammer (the ones that hold the disconnector/hammer strut) - I bent many small punches. CGW gave me the tip of using a nail punch to get the pins started out of the hammer and that works great (then after you have the pins started out, switch to a "regular" punch.)

These triggers now really have me tempted to drop the Glock 34...however I'm making good progress with it and don't think I should switch. (I wish the CZ trigger broke a little further away from the grip.)

if you are curious it resembles the Canik disconnector

canik318.jpg

Alma, is this the stock CZ disco on the left and the stock Canik disco on the right?

I believe that's correct. The Canik sure does look like a Tanfo disco.

EAA/Tanfoglio disconnector (they call it an interrupter)

Disco_02_1140x.jpg

Edited by smokemup