Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girsan Inertia Driven Shotguns From Turkey .....Benelli Copy ...uhhhhh

thegunnerd

While you never know what will be the next big thing and worth the money....most of the guns coming out of that area of the world have been... shall we say...less than desirable quality. The nature of these cottage industry gun makers and brand leads to a here today, gone tomorrow supply. Spare parts are generally nonexistent. Just go ask anyone with a KBI/Charles Daly shotgun that has a broken locking lug or missing operating handle.

Or as someone once told me: Buy good stuff and you'll have good stuff.

True , and i agree. I was just shocked that they were able to copy the inertia system. Who knows how well, but whatever. I do like the AKDAL 1919 though. Much better starting platform then a Saiga 12 for an open or sd shotgun

True , and i agree. I was just shocked that they were able to copy the inertia system. Who knows how well, but whatever. I do like the AKDAL 1919 though. Much better starting platform then a Saiga 12 for an open or sd shotgun

Disagree there. Couple of Akdals crapped out in the Iron Man and one of the shooters had to finish with a R&R borrowed Saiga. Right now there is nothing better for open than a custom R&R Saiga shotgun.

Pat

I agree to buy once, cry once but 3 gun is a rather expensive sport to get started in. Some of the guys I shoot with can only afford the lower priced guns. The only reason I'm shooting a benelli is I already had one.

It is an expensive game and one of the reasons we replaced limited division up here with a divsion I call production. Pump shotgun (9 at start) Pistol under limited 10 USPSA rules basically any handgun downloaded to 10 +1 rounds or in the case of a single stack 1911 up loaded with 10 round mags. The rifle is no magnified optics only red dots or irons and 30 rounds or less magazines. Take the gear race out of the equation and pump shotguns are usually in most peoples gun safe and if not they are more affordable than a good semi auto.

Pat

That's a great division , almost like a production version of heavy metal . As for me, i run a benelli m2 already , well i'm going to be soon. I had a JM pro and i sold it a while back , so i have yet to take the benelli out . I agree with you, buy quality get quality. I was just surprised to see it. I'd be curious to knock one around .

As for the akdal, i thought firebird regarded them as being better platforms that require less tinkering to work properly, but it's sad to hear that they were failing. I had high hopes of getting on at some point . But for me right now i'm sticking to tac optics

I suppose if you compare the cost of 3gun to other hobbies like boating or race cars then the cost of a tricked out Benelli or Versa Max isn't really anything but for a lot of shooters just being able to scrape together enough money for ammo and entry fee for matches is a burden.

However you are probably right that they won't run well enough to compete. It would be nice if someone would come out with a inexpensive auto that would work and keep up with the Benellis. We need a Glock of shotguns. That's what I'm talking about, Jack.

That's a great division , almost like a production version of heavy metal . As for me, i run a benelli m2 already , well i'm going to be soon. I had a JM pro and i sold it a while back , so i have yet to take the benelli out . I agree with you, buy quality get quality. I was just surprised to see it. I'd be curious to knock one around .

As for the akdal, i thought firebird regarded them as being better platforms that require less tinkering to work properly, but it's sad to hear that they were failing. I had high hopes of getting on at some point . But for me right now i'm sticking to tac optics

Yea basically its a mix of heavy metal, limited and limited 10 (but with minor calibers if you want) We came up with it just looking at what new shooters were coming to the matches with. Some guys that are good prefer it because its not a gear race. In my opinion there is not enough of a difference between limited and tac optics down south. Just the optic on the rifle is all. A new shooter still has to buy an expensive shotgun to be competative and other than heavy metal there is no place for pumps to be competative yet everyone owns one.

Pat

• 1 month later...

If it is part of Beretta/Benelli, which I don't know if it is, they own the inertia driven design, & probably licensed them to use it. That is how Stoeger makes their inertia driven guns.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than go cheap just get a good pumpgun. With that said I am in process of writing an article on the Stoeger M3000. If they maintain the quality that my example (off the rack gun) has, budget conscience shooters will want one.

I would still rather new guys understand the logic of buy once cry once. The cost of guns falls from memory much faster than the sting of buying a headache.

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Yea basically its a mix of heavy metal, limited and limited 10 (but with minor calibers if you want) We came up with it just looking at what new shooters were coming to the matches with. Some guys that are good prefer it because its not a gear race. In my opinion there is not enough of a difference between limited and tac optics down south. Just the optic on the rifle is all. A new shooter still has to buy an expensive shotgun to be competative and other than heavy metal there is no place for pumps to be competative yet everyone owns one.

Pat

I like this concept very much. I wish we had this. I might actually sell off all the gizmos and compete in a division like that. At Terheel 3-gun, it seems that Tactical Irons has gained popularity (allows true irons or 1x glass). That tells me there may be But it still suffers from the "must have semi-suto shotgun" problem. I'd have a whale of a time with my rifle, an Aimpoint PRO or EOtech, my .45 pr 9mm with 10 rounds, and my SuperNova pump. Good for your match for doing that.

Rather than go cheap just get a good pumpgun. With that said I am in process of writing an article on the Stoeger M3000. If they maintain the quality that my example (off the rack gun) has, budget conscience shooters will want one.

I would still rather new guys understand the logic of buy once cry once. The cost of guns falls from memory much faster than the sting of buying a headache.

I agree on the not skimping . I've bought once and cried once a few more times then i'd be wiling to admit. I'm just fascinated by the new shotgun offerings from turkey . From the girsan to the akdal 1919 . Interesting that so many new shotguns are coming out of that country . Some very cool and others .....well not so much.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a necro-thread, but just wanted to let you guys know that I just purchased this despite your comments of "buy once, cry once" and etc.

I had about $450 to spend on a shot gun. So, I was "watching" all the used Nova/S.Nova on gunbroker. AND THEN found the MC312 for 310$ brand new. Hmmmm, that's almost the half the cost of a Stoeger m3000. So, it's a Benelli clone for a price of a clone of a clone... if that makes sense . OK, I'm in.

I might not get to shoot it soon since it's pretty cold out here in NY now. But, I'll be doing 2 guns and shooting skeet/trap when it warms up. Let you guys know how it runs out of the box.

Meanwhile, if any one has any info on mods I can do on this gun, I would appreciate a PM or some thing..... The only thing I've found so far is that the Mag. Ext. for Nova seems to fit this gun.

K

Edited by kennjen

Good luck with that ken! A few years back I heard about another Turkish made "Benelli Inertia System Clone", the Stoeger M2000. Soured me on Stoeger and Turkish guns for good. I hope you have better luck with yours!