Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fs mp 9 with lead

bodene 5

About 10K through a FS M/P. Missouri Bullet 125's and 147's. One 125's threw a shotgun pattern out of mine. 147's were fine. It takes about 10-20 seconds to clean my barrel. I don't know if that stuff is lead or lub or both. I have gone well over 500 rounds without cleaning with no problems. Cleaning get you a 9mm copper brush and wrap strands of copper choir boy or that soft silver stuff they sell at gun shows and shops. Rapid up and down and done.

I've run at least 15k lead bullets through mine.

122gr TC Dardas Cast

3.5gr Solo 1 K

1.083 OAL

Every 5000 for so I tear the gun apart and "really" clean it, after each time I'm done shooting I run a bore snake through it, give the extractor a quick cleaning with dental pick and wipe it down.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used 147 grain lead with Titegroup, AA#2/#5/#7, Clays, and N320. N320's been the cleanest, and #5/#7 are a bit stouter than you need to make PF. No problems out of my 5" factory barrel.

I've never been able to completely eliminate leading, but a middle of the road load keeps it under control. That and some of those aluminum silicate lead cloths once a week :)