Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC Slide Work - New Gun Build

jid2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slide is 10.2oz so its lighter but not crazy. Shot it last night and its getting there. Aftec wanted both springs in but I started with one. I also have 7 new untested mags. I found one of the three I was using that was giving me issues. So when I stuck with a good mag and had both springs in the aftec at the end of the evening it was running through complete mags like a champ.

My other open gun is a Para with a thumb rest so this feels different in general. So I need to get ised to it in general.

Seems to be running great now, but I don't have many rounds through it, and I have 7 brand new mags to sort out as well.

We'll see how it does at Ironman. I'm working on one more surprise for it - but time is really tight and not sure I'll finish before the match.

Edited by jid2

Out buying the aluminum stock right now. Still need to finish a few design details and program them. Holiday is good for free time to machine the parts but bad for me not having the design finished in time to order the electrical parts and hardware. Electrical parts show up today from overnight Saturday delivery. Hardware won't ship til tuesday.makes things tight.

OK, just a peak, still have about 20% of the details to finish designing. But the basic idea is what I said before, everything you ever wanted in an open gun sight.

- Large round glass.

- Glass directly above the slide allowing for less parallax for POI vs POA at all distances, and the "feels more like my iron sights".

- No massive blind spots.

- Integrated thumb rest, at least I like a thumb rest.

- All metal construction.

If I have some custom glass built I can put the emitter module closer to the glass and not make it hang out the back so far.

Like I said, gonna be really tight to finish in 1 week, but I'm gonna try. Then we can just test it out at a mellow match like Ironman!

2011.jpg

2011Rear.jpg

Dude!!!! If you can pull this off you will need another open shooter to help beta test this. I am your huckleberry!!!! :goof:

You are not kidding! That design would be the cats ass! I am really on the edge of my seat and can't wait to see a cut prototype!

That's an awesome idea. If you can pull it off, a lot of folks would buy it for sure.

Also, where would you put the battery and circuits for the emitter?

Haha. Everyone keeps saying if I pull it off. Thats not an issue, its just a matter of if its ready when I leave for Idaho. If not, it should be ready for the NW Multigun. I've got a holster I'd like to have ready for that match as well. Same idea, everything I want in a holster...

HOLY *PICK YOUR OWN WORD* that is fantastic.....and you are only a few hours drive away from me.....hhhmmmm......too bad TCGC decided that they will no longer hold USPSA matches....guess I could drive to Newberg or up to your area just to see it :bow:

TOO Bad your logo appears to my rival EVO....STI man myself :cheers:

Edited by 2011WRBSTI

Design is done for this version and the parts are nearly all programmed. Now I just need to machine them all. Going to test me on the little tools, I've got some tiny features on the emitter. Nearly all the parts require 4 setups to complete, so they are tricky buggers. This will be my most complex machining project to date. That's why I cut myself 3 pieces of stock for each part and only expect 1 usable one!

That is pretty freakin cool. I liked the gun build. The sight is cherry topping. The pulling it off comments are vaild. It will need to hold up and maintain zero. (IM should be a good first test run. LOL) I worry a bit about the thumb rest allowing a torqued up shooters to move the dot around. Doesn't seem like it has lots of "extra" built into it.

Really cool. Keep rocking it!

Well, I didn't get as much as I had hoped for done this weekend, the programming was a pretty big job with all the different setups needed. So I'll see what I can get done with a couple more evenings worth of work. What sucks is that I have to machine the circuit board layout because I ran out of time to have it fabricated by an actual PCB fabrication shop. So that adds another layer of complexity and design/programming that I haven't even started yet.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of some parts after the first operations. First attempt on both the side plates created bad parts. I need better odds for the remaining operations on the parts!

20130527_235601.jpg

20130527_235621.jpg

20130528_010049.jpg

20130528_010145.jpg