Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Japan

Rainman

Hi:

I've just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm a Tokyo-based journalist and a member of IPSC Japan, having just shot my first match at the PPSA Production Nationals at Clark Eagles in the Philippines.

I'd like to thank all the members of the PPSA who gave me a real down-home welcome.

Thanks

Welcome Rainman. If you have a free moment, I would enjoy hearing about IPSC activity in Japan - particularly the use of air-soft guns. From the winning performance of some Japanese shooters, I take it their airsoft practice routines are extremely effective. Regards,

Douglas

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I look forward to seeing y'all in Bali.

If you have a free moment, I would enjoy hearing about IPSC activity in Japan - particularly the use of air-soft guns.  From the winning performance  of some Japanese shooters, I take it their airsoft practice routines are extremely effective.

Yes, air-soft is the only game in town in Japan. But you can do a lot with it within its confines--the major of which, of course, is lack of recoil.

However, it's better than just dry-shooting and offers the plus of being able to set up stages inside the family home--without earning a visit from the local SWAT team :D

I understand some U.S. instructors, such as Karl Rehn of KR Training are recognizing the value of air-sfot as part of training

Air-soft certainly allows a new slant on running the Tueller Drill.

Yes, air-soft is the only game in town in Japan. But you can do a lot with it within its confines--the major of which, of course, is lack of recoil.

However, it's better than just dry-shooting and offers the plus of being able to set up stages inside the family home--without earning a visit from the local SWAT team :D

I understand some U.S. instructors, such as Karl Rehn of KR Training are recognizing the value of air-sfot as part of training

Rainman

You may be interested to learn that there is an active competition circuit in the UK as well. It has become quite popular.

Welcome Rainman. You no doubt know Mr. Kudo Kuzaharu Regional director for IPSC Japan. He is a photo journalist and all around nice guy. Kudo gave me a tour of the airsoft shops and ranges when I was last in Tokyo. Very impressive!

Good luck in your shooting persuits.

Michael.

Hi Rainman. Greetings from California and welcome to the forums!

What is the Tueller Drill?

Perhaps y'all can give me some guidance on protocol hwere. Should I post a description of the Tueller Drill here, or in the Training Techniques forum?

Certinly I know Kudo-san. As luck would have it, he lives three stops down the line from me. He's a great guy and a great shooter.

He's also a good sport. Myro Lopez and I used to make fun of Kudo-san when he was the only member of IPSC Japan, and we have a little skit demonstrating how he used to RO himself in the early days.

After a few rum & cokes in Bali, we may do it for you :D

Perhaps y'all can give me some guidance on protocol hwere. Should I post a description of the Tueller Drill here, or in the Training Techniques forum?

The number one way would be to post the drill in a different thread (with appropriate title), then come back here and provide a link to that thread. :)

(might get you nominated for sainthood by the moderators)

Welcome Les! Have fun over there. Airsoft IPSC was pretty cool. I remember shooting an airsoft IPSC match over back in the early 90's. I might've shot a steel challenge match too. Is Tomo Hasegawa still involved with the IPSC/Bianchi Cup/Steel Challenge scene over there?

• 2 months later...
Hi:

I've just joined this forum and would like to introduce myself. I'm a Tokyo-based journalist and a member of IPSC Japan, having just shot my first match at the PPSA Production Nationals at Clark Eagles in the Philippines.

I'd like to thank all the members of the PPSA who gave me a real down-home welcome.

Thanks

Rainman - if you ever find yourself in the US, use the USPSA web site to find a club contact and email him/her ahead of time. Chances are you'll find a gun, ammo and hlster rig waiting for you at the match.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...