Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max capcity allowed in Tactical for Shotgun?

Under which rules? With USPSA, it's only 8 before and after the buzzer. Most others are 8 at the buzzer and then you load as many as you want after the buzzer. Where do you plan on shooting?

Under which rules? With USPSA, it's only 8 before and after the buzzer. Most others are 8 at the buzzer and then you load as many as you want after the buzzer. Where do you plan on shooting?

uspsa rule book p.63 appendix a2 says 9 at start. Does it say anywhere you can't load more after the start?

uspsa rule book p.63 appendix a2 says 9 at start. Does it say anywhere you can't load more after the start?

You're right...I was still going by the old rule book, forgot about the new book...8+1 at start, no max after.

Install the 10 rd tube and if you attend a match with a limit, you can "plug" your tube to meet rules.

So, this would apply in any match that limits you to 8+1? I can just plug my 10 rd tube?

Also, are there any downsides to having a mag extend out past muzzle? I have the 22" JM Pro, so a 10 rd RCI tube will extend a good couple inches past.

Also, are there any downsides to having a mag extend out past muzzle? I have the 22" JM Pro, so a 10 rd RCI tube will extend a good couple inches past.

Yes, you can plug your tube if the match limits rounds, as Blue Ridge does. Only some carbon on the tube is the downside.

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking the only matches that still have the 8 in the tube limit are matches run by Andy Horner? The Blue Ridge in Kentucky and Task Force Dagger in Florida. The other 62 matches are 9 at start and as many as you can shove in your gun after the beep?