Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1-6x: Leupold, Swaro or Razor?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a Vortex 1-6X24 HD, and used it for the first time in a 3G match yesterday - awesome. The red dot is perfect, almost so there is no need for a backup sight (should have one). The same day I looked through a Swaro 1-6 sight, they are nice but I am also happy with my Vortex and their warranty is lifetime and basically fix it if it breaks, Swaro I think not so much and that was my deciding factor. I sighted in the Razor at 200 yard...and it is on a AR platform.

So I read through all the which scope is better threads, an none of them mentioned the one i think is better than all the scopes mentioned: Kahles k16i. It is almost a pound lighter than Vortex, has some great reticle options, a very bright daylight visible illuminated dot, and every bit as clear glass as swarovski... Yeah, it's on the high side as far as cost, but it's getting my vote... I'm surprised to not see more folks talking about it

Edited by Headworked

I have not looked through the Kahls but I hear it and Swarovski are similar in FOV and Clarity. My Swarovski and my Vortex Razor 2 are nearly identical in glass quality and FOV on 1x is 115 for the Vortex and 127 feet for the Swarovski. So that is damn close and the cost on the Vortex is just over half that of the Swarovski and less than half of the Kahls.

Pat

The Kahles is sweet. It's pricey too. My buddy has been shooting one the last two years, so I've gotten to shoot it a little. I've never done much more than look through a Swaro, but in my limited experience with it, if all things were equal ($$$) the Kahles is a bit nicer. All that being said, I wouldn't trade my Razor and $500 for one. I still think the Razor is hard to beat at it's price (and in my income bracket).

How about the Burris XTRll in 1-5...

Why would they go 1-5? It would seem that 6X is now the standard, so if they're not going 6X or beyond, what's the point? It just seems odd to me to release a new product that doesn't meet the minimum standards to lead the industry. Any idea on price point?

Probably about 1K street. At less than half the price of the Swaro, still a pretty good deal.

As for your first Q...I'll probably get in trouble for saying this...Go read Swarovski's patents, then look at the internals of the other 1-6s.

Probably about 1K street. At less than half the price of the Swaro, still a pretty good deal.

As for your first Q...I'll probably get in trouble for saying this...Go read Swarovski's patents, then look at the internals of the other 1-6s.

Interesting. I'll be sure to check one out at SHOT

VOrtex just announced their new 2014 additions via their website. A MOA and MIL reticle in the 1-6x both with windage hashmarks. I am in for the MIL.

Just got off the phone with Vortex as I was hoping that the new reticles could be retrofitted into place of the JM1-BDC reticle. No joy.

MSRP for the 56mm objective will be $2999.00 while the 50mm objective will be $2599.00.

Pat