Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650xl no Casefeeder does it come with the case feed tube

I'm thinking about a 650XL but want to save a little money and start without the auto Casefeeder. Will add Casefeeder later

Does the press include the Casefeeder tube?

Thought I could just load up the tube , looks like it would hold 30-40 40SW cartridges

Wouldn't be as fast as the Casefeeder but would still be better that placing the brass and bullet before each stroke

I bought mine a long time ago, but it came with the case feed tube. Still haven't bought the case feeder since I can load the tube pretty fast. The clear part of the tube holds just over 20 cases. I refill it at that point so I don't run the shellplate empty.

I didn't buy the case feeder with mine either. .. money was tight just getting the stuff I needed just for the main part. . Anyway I have been looking at one of the after market ones ..they seem to have a better warranty and cheaper. .. just my $.02 worth

• 3 weeks later...

Before I had a case collator on my first 650 I made an extended feed tube and loaded cases into pvc "filler" tubes, to load cases the same way you do primers.

Hey Jmorris,

Do you recall what sized pvc you used? I want to make some of these same tubes for the 650 w/o case feeder that should be getting delivered next week. Would someone be able to measure the ID and OD of the clear tube that comes with the press?

Thanks,

Eli

No slave feeder available to me currently, unless I can convince my fiance to do the job, lol. I am thinking of making a bundle of 4 or 6 PVC tubes with couplings and cotter pins at both ends and making them as long as I can fit above the press then just loading up all the tubes hopefully with 100 or more cases then being able to easily refill the clear tube on the press. I may have to put some sort of pins in along the way if the "case tubes" are longer than the 'case feeder tube' on the press. Could be a fun project, and then when I am not reloading I can load it up with 6 bottle rockets and have a bottle rocket Gatling gun like the one I had in college :devil:

I bought my 650 without the case feeder a few months ago. After depriming and sizing about 200 .223 cases I ordered the case feeder and the Dillon trimmer. The trimmer is a great addition but the case feeder is the best $225 or so I have ever spent, hands down.

I made my own case feeder for about $100 including a new Dillon case feeder plate for about $40 locally.

There are lots of YouTube videos. I watched a few, combined ideas, and added my own ideas. Works great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

"Do you recall what sized pvc you used? I want to make some of these same tubes for the 650 w/o case feeder that should be getting delivered next week. Would someone be able to measure the ID and OD of the clear tube that comes with the press?

"

IIRC it was 1/2" PVC, gave them to another shooter years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

"Do you recall what sized pvc you used? I want to make some of these same tubes for the 650 w/o case feeder that should be getting delivered next week. Would someone be able to measure the ID and OD of the clear tube that comes with the press?

"

I'm in the same boat. Bought on a budget and am waiting. Lets us all know he sizes!

EDIT: I think I see 1/2", but I don't know what IIRC means.

Hopefully Santa's elves know how to make case feeders!

Edited by JasonandMichelle

"

I'm in the same boat. Bought on a budget and am waiting. Lets us all know he sizes!

EDIT: I think I see 1/2", but I don't know what IIRC means.

Hopefully Santa's elves know how to make case feeders!

IIRC: if I remember correctly

Just measure the tube on the 650 and get PVC according to that?

Yes you need 1/2" PVC (inner diameter). I got mine and cut it down to the same length as the tube on the 650. Each one holds 23 9mm cases. If you think about it a 9mm case is a little over 0.355" and a .40 S&W case is a little over 0.4" so 0.5" is ideal, would work for 45 too I would think, didn't try it though (Wikipedia says the rim, the max dia, is .48, so unless the cases are very bulged it should work). All 10 ft of the 1/2" PVC cost me less than two dollars so don't sweat it too much!

Just had this though but if you put a female to female connector on the end of the PVC pipe, would you be able to attache it to the existing tube to increase you capacity between refills? May have to pick a few up next time I'm at the Home Depot!