Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Apeiro vs custom Edge?

DrLove

Hello folks,

I’m new to this forum as well as to practical shooting in general. I’ve been shooting production for about a year now and decided it’s time to go limited.

I shot a couple of matches with my XDm5.25 but I think it’s time for a 2011 platform.

Now I found two options that I would like to get your input on.

The first is a custom STI Edge by Brazos that is supposed to have everything I would ever need. This will cost around $2400.

The other option is to go for the STI Apeiro from Dawson but it’s not customized for around $2800. Now I really like the Apeiro but do you guys think it will need some work as well?

Apiero is a beautiful gun. many people inherent would want to do a trigger job on the apiero. I have a stock Edge and the trigger isn't that great directly from the factory, but I'm not that great a shooter either. I think STI may out a little more effort into their higher grade guns, but it won't be as good as one from Brazos.

As a new shooter, you would be happy with either gun. Buy the one you like and shoot the hell out of it!

One ting to consider is buying mags. If you buy from Brazos you probably have a better chance of purchasing mags from him as opposed to buying someplace else.

As

I would go with the Edge for now. Get 4 20rd mags and save the rest for ammo to practice/shoot matches. If you find someone with a sight-tracker style SV or STI, ask to shoot it to see if you like it. If so, Edges hold value pretty well for resale or trade.

I was facing the same decision last year and went with a Brazos HP Edge with 4 mags. I don't think I am missing out on anything, but I have also not shot a sight tracker. One of the local GMs has one that I am going to ask to shoot next time I see him.

Edited by PKT1106

• 3 weeks later...

I did the same thing, shot production with a glock 34 for awhile and wanted to move into limited, and after researching various guns I decided on the HP Edge by Brazos and have been very happy, it runs everything I feed it and havent had any issues.

Glad to hear everyone likes the HP Edge from Brazos. I ordered one over a month ago. I guess they had some problems with the latest batch of STI edges so it is a little late. I can't wait to get it.

• 2 weeks later...