Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left Side of barricade

RammerJammer

You are probably too close to the barricade. You may also be blading your body to the target. Try taking two steps back and keeping your lower body square to the target. That will allow you to lean further to your left while keeping the shooting platform that you use without a barricade.

Left handed shooters deal with this for 8 out of 10 stages in every match.. :surprise:

Grab some used target and practice dry firing this in or out of the house.For practicing outside,all you need is a verticle 2x4 to reference as the barricade wall..Look at the position of your barrel and arms while dry firing.If you have your arms an stuck out 2 or 3 feet past the barricade,then you are to close and probably all twisted up. .I find it amazing to watch Gordon Carroll from ComTac shoot around a wall.He is kinda tall,but seems like he just leans out from the waist up when pieing around a wall engaging targets..

On the weak side you are to rotate further out, is all. This needs to be drilled until it becomes natural.

I would not use the barricade for support, as it makes you recoil in a different manner. You handle recoil better when it is consistent.

The Bianchi barricade exercise is different, because it is not practical shooting.

As for switching hand, RePete does his thing. I know someone who does that too. You need to consider the time you take actually switching physically, plus the time it takes to adapt to this new situation. But whatever works for you.