Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Michigan Sectional Championship, August 17-18

OK.... It's Match Fee Bump Day.... Get those envelopes to the post office today so they are postmarked July 15, 2013.

At the moment the competitor count is 120 but will be going up with what comes out of today's mailbox.

BC

• 2 weeks later...

Range Officers Needed.

If you are a certified NROI range officer and would like to work the match, work 1 day and shoot for $45, work both days (Shoot Friday, work Saturday and Sunday) and shoot for free.

Contact the Match Director, Dave Ray at dray.singlestack@gmail.com and he can provide additional details.

Match construction has begun, a little behind schedule but we'll be ready. It's going to be a great match this year and we are looking forward to it.

If you're in the area and have time we would appreciate all the help we can get. Most of the work involves placing walls and targets, no special skills or tools required. I would suggest bringing work gloves and ears/eyes.

We will be on the pistol range Saturday from 9:00 to at least 4:00 and Sunday from 10:00 to at least 4:00. Lunch will be provided on both days.

We will also be on the range Monday thru Thursday from 5:00 until dark.

If you're not shooting we could use RO help as well as people to help patch targets.

I will send additional details as they become available, if you have an questions please feel free to contact me.

Dave Ray

Match construction has begun, a little behind schedule but we'll be ready. It's going to be a great match this year and we are looking forward to it.

If you're in the area and have time we would appreciate all the help we can get. Most of the work involves placing walls and targets, no special skills or tools required. I would suggest bringing work gloves and ears/eyes.

We will be on the pistol range Saturday from 9:00 to at least 4:00 and Sunday from 10:00 to at least 4:00. Lunch will be provided on both days.

We will also be on the range Monday thru Thursday from 5:00 until dark.

If you're not shooting we could use RO help as well as people to help patch targets.

I will send additional details as they become available, if you have an questions please feel free to contact me.

Dave Ray

What's the schedule like for today and tomorrow?

Registration will be open at the range on Friday afternoon to pickup your shooters bags and competitor labels. It will reopen on Saturday and Sunday at 8:00 AM.

The shooters meeting will start at 9:00 AM and the first round downrange will be at 10:00 AM.

The Detroit area is also hosting the annual "Woodward Dream Cruise" this weekend. There are normally several hundred thousand participants showing their classic cars, hot rods and almost everything automotive you can imagine. This event is centered around (you guessed it) Woodward Avenue.

It is best to avoid this area if you want to make it to the range on time.

BC

Registration will be open at the range on Friday afternoon to pickup your shooters bags and competitor labels. It will reopen on Saturday and Sunday at 8:00 AM.

The shooters meeting will start at 9:00 AM and the first round downrange will be at 10:00 AM.

The Detroit area is also hosting the annual "Woodward Dream Cruise" this weekend. There are normally several hundred thousand participants showing their classic cars, hot rods and almost everything automotive you can imagine. This event is centered around (you guessed it) Woodward Avenue.

It is best to avoid this area if you want to make it to the range on time.

BC

Same schedule for Fri as to start time?

Same schedule for Fri as to start time?

Yes.

For those that have requested to shoot on Friday, please remember that the staff will be "proofing" the stages and if something has to change, it may require that those that have already shot a particular stage will have to reshoot it.

Bottom line.

Bring extra ammunition.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

Thank you so much DSC & Motor City Speed Shooters. My wife and I shot on Saturday and enjoyed the match very much. This was both of our first time at the DSC range and was very impressed. Great facility and fantastic range crew. We'll be back next year if you host another big match.

Tom Schuster & Rise Fritz

THANK YOU to all the GREAT staff and the hard work that they put in!!!!! :cheers: Could not have asked for a better day and squad to shoot with! Stages were well thought out and fair for all! Cannot wait to see what next year brings! THANK YOU AGAIN! :bow:

The match results have been posted to the USPSA site.

Thank you to everyone that came all the way to the Detroit suburbs from Toronto, Atlanta, Chicago, Windsor, Grand Rapids and numerous other long distance drives, shot the match and made it a fantastic success. Yes, those berms are 65 feet high.....

Special thanks go to Ken S. who drove in from Kentucky to run the chronograph and the forum's own "Sarge" (Kevin S.) who came in from Cincinnati to help build Stage 5 on the rifle range on Thursday and run Stage 6 all weekend. Additional thanks go out to Fran T. who ran one of our longest stages on bay 3 all weekend. Without your help and level of expertise, it would not have been such a huge success. Again, thanks.

This list of DSC club members and others from the Detroit area clubs that made this match happen is long and distinguished. A huge thanks to everyone that started working on this match back in December of 2012, designed stages, built 29 new walls, painted hundreds of feet of charge line and bracing, loaned equipment to our club, RO'ed stages and were tearing down the ranges that were going to be used immediately after the match. We have some of the hardest working, creative, die-hard shooters in this area and they showed up, kicked butt and made this match a success. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your hundreds of hours of work.

Without these selfless individuals who volunteered their time, it would not have happened.

Again, I cannot say thanks enough to everyone that helped.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Next time you should have manny do your awards. He will ship them directly to the shooters for a very modest charge. Well worth it. It is after all nearly December and you are still messing with awards.