Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Redding Competition Seating Die

Silly question,

Ive been thinking about picking one of these up to be able to quickly adjust between glock 40s&w and 1911 40s&w. I was about to place an order when the thought struck me ..... if im adjusting the OAL will i not also need to adjust my crimp for the new OAL?

Yes you will. Anytime you change OAL---U re-adjust the crimp.

I run Redding on 9 and 40. I also use a Lee Factory Crimp die. FCD is very easy to adjust the crimp if you change the OAL.

• 2 weeks later...

If I understand your question? If you get the mic type seating die and record the number for each?

It won't work! You have too recheck o a l

Every time, it will wont be perfect.You will have to tweek it.I have used the redding com dies for many years. As is the redding com powder thrower. The only advantage is it gives you a starting point.

I have been considering a competition seating die for a while. Now that components are hit and miss, it might be a good time to get off my butt. A few years back, I purchased the micrometer assembly for my powder measure, and have never looked back.

Yes you will. Anytime you change OAL---U re-adjust the crimp.

I run Redding on 9 and 40. I also use a Lee Factory Crimp die. FCD is very easy to adjust the crimp if you change the OAL.

No you don't need to adjust if you run standard taper crimp dies.

YOU do because your running a LEE FCD which re-sizes the bullet and the case with it's carbide ring.

Edited by Boxerglocker