Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accurail

338lapua

Never had a problem with them

A perfect slide to frame fit eliminates the need - otherwise I see no issue with having slide rails put in. I've got several blasters (3 or 4) with accurail - come to think of it - the gun I shoot now is an accurailed gun by Krieger . . .

JB

I had a gun accurailed by Bob Kriger also. The turn around was about what he had said at the time, not too bad. He charged my $50 to refit the barrel and when I got it back the gun wouldnt run. Like, not even close. After he "refit" it, I had to have someone else refit it to make it work. Bob was real pleasant on the phone, turn around was ok, and price was nice, but the whole barrel fiasco kinda left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks for all the replys. The gun is now at Doug's place and I hope it comes out well. I asked him to make it as tight as a swiss vault. We'll see. For the most part hammering the frame and slide only worked for 6k rds then it would be shot loose again. this time I said no more peaning..accurail must be the way to go. I hope I'm right.

Rob

You'll be amazed. I've had Doug do at leat 3 personal guns, plus have had at least 5 other guns sent to him that were friend of mine. They all love them. Just remember that it will take about 500-1000 rds to break in. Just keep the gun oiled and it will become very slick as it breaks in.

Best way is to shoot it until it starts to loosen a little. Once there is more play than you want just change one side out with a new rail. Gun will be tight again but you won't have to break the gun back in.

And do what COLD ETHYL says and use very light oil. To thick of an oil and you'll never get the slide back on.

• 2 weeks later...