Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Area 8 championship

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still a few weekend slots still available. Not for long though, I've been getting swamped with phone calls and emails asking to hold them. Unfortunately we can't do that, the match is a first come first serve basis. If you want a slot for the weekend get your apps sent in ASAP before they are gone. If your a sponsored competitor and your sponsor is supporting the match, please get your apps in NOW! We will only be holding the reserved sponsor slots for a very short period before we release them to the general pool. The stages should be approved and ready to be posted within the next couple weeks. Thanks to everyone who has volunteered to work this match and our sponsors who have supported. H!

• 3 weeks later...

We will be having two side matches at this years match!

The first will be a Steel Challenge Stage ( stage to be determined). This side event will be held up where the main match will be taking place. The SC side match will benefit the American Cancer Society. Zach Matish has dedicated his season to his grandmother who has suffered from Breast Cancer. The donation will be made in Zach's team name "Bullets For Boobies"!

We will also be having a shotgun side match down by the club house (COF yet to be determined, should be a 9 round COF). No buckshot or slugs, 7.5 shot size or smaller is only allowed. This side event will benefit our Area 8 Juniors.

BOTH SIDE MATCHES WILL BE A CASH PAYOUT!!!!!

50% of the proceeds will go to benefit these two great causes. The other half will be paid back to the competitors for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall. Competitors can shoot the side match as many times as they like for score. We have had great success in the past with the side match and look forward to making this years even better. Please make sure you pencil some time in for these events either prior, during or after you shoot the main match. If your not shooting the main match, you can still participate in the side matches.

Please make sure you check in at registration prior to bringing any firearms up to the side events. You will need to sign a release form in order to shoot either match. Remember the entire property is considered a "COLD RANGE". No loaded firearms, uncased/unholstered firearms are permitted on the facility property. This includes the parking lot area as well. Handling of any firearms must be done so at a safe table or under the direct supervision of a match range official.

The stages for this years match have been posted on the Area 8 Website and the Area 8 Facebook page. Please keep in mind, the stages descriptions may be changed upon final drafting of the WSB. Ill be a little preoccupied over the next several days and wanted to get these out to everyone. Good luck to everyone, as always DVC! H!

Links to the two sites: you can find the stages under the announcements page on the Area 8 Website.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/USPSAArea8/

https://sites.google.com/site/uspsaarea8/home

I thought Id also mention we still have some slots open for weekend shooting split half day formatting. I know there are people who for some reason like to wait till the last minute. All I can say is registration has been open since March 5th. So if your on the fence and a weekend format is what you need, then dont wait. Get your application in asap, you can see what is available at the uspsa self squadding page found here: http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=246

Thanks, H!

Universal Ammo will be the Official Match Ammo for the 2013 EGW Area 8 Championship. This ammo qualifies as match ammo and is governed under our current edition of the USPSA rule book section C3 and approved by the USPSA President. Please indicate when ordering this ammo that its for the Area 8 match. The ammo will be shipped to the event and given out at registration. Please send me an email to hf219@comcast.net and let me know that you have ordered it. Ill let you know when we receive it. Thanks, H!

You can order the Official Match Ammo Directly from them at Universal Ammo: http://www.universalammo.com/

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting down to the last couple weeks before the match. We still have some half day shooting slots open on the weekend. There are only a couple days to get your registration in before the cutoff for the tshirt order. If your just sending it out or plan on sending out your registration this week, send me an email with your name address and shirt size. Ill make sure you get one for competing at the match. After Thursday, Ill have the order in and youll be out of luck.

As far as what shooting slots are available, look at the self squadding page on USPSA.org website under member services for whats still open. The self squadding will be locked as of the 17th. If your just sending in your registration, please indicate what shooting schedule or squad # you would like to shoot on. The grey areas on the squad matrix are locked. You can only pick whats available as of the end of today. As of right now, the only available slots are for Sat AM/ Sun AM or Friday.

Good luck and see you all on the range, Harry.

• 2 weeks later...

The stages for this years match have been posted on the Area 8 Website and the Area 8 Facebook page. Please keep in mind, the stages descriptions may be changed upon final drafting of the WSB. Ill be a little preoccupied over the next several days and wanted to get these out to everyone. Good luck to everyone, as always DVC! H!

Links to the two sites: you can find the stages under the announcements page on the Area 8 Website.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/USPSAArea8/

https://sites.google.com/site/uspsaarea8/home

I can't find the stages on the website so can I just make up my own?

How spread out are the bays at the match location?

I am trying to decide whether or not to pack the range cart.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm waiting for a response for the same reason as you Steve.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm waiting for a response for the same reason as you Steve.

The bays are fairly close together with the exception of a few that are down the hill. Bringing the cart is a good idea. I wish I had one of the nice 3 wheel ones.

Thanks,

Steve

Gootle maps can give you a good approximation with its scale. If you look at PMSC from above, you will see some trap fields and to the west are the bays. What it doesn't exactly show is that a few of the bays are aligned going up a hill on both sides. The hill is moderately steep, but if it is hot, as August usually is, you might want to pack the cart.

Edited by PKT1106

• 2 weeks later...

We shot A8 yesterday & had a pretty good time. I liked the stages, especially the ones with lots of movement (who wants to stand & shoot :P ?)

Thanks to all the staff & everyone who helped make this match possible!

Good luck to the other competitors shooting today/Sunday.

The match was a blast, stages were great ( except for that stupid memory stage # 7.... F that stage ! )

Weather could of been better, we had some down pours, 100% humidity gross soup air, but the match was still great.

See you again next year.

Any news or video from the match yet?

What happened to Ben that he didnt finish two stages and had 8 mikes and 4 procedurals on one stage? Looks like he was on his way to another if not for those stages. Gun problems would be a guess but what type idk...

Edited by Prov1x

Any news or video from the match yet?

What happened to Ben that he didnt finish two stages and had 8 mikes and 4 procedurals on one stage? Looks like he was on his way to another if not for those stages. Gun problems would be a guess but what type idk...

I heard that he had a squib. Maybe ben will chime in here and give us the scoop himself.