Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sights or Trigger

okorpheus

I know I want to make two changes to my M&p

1) Apex hard sear, reset assist, and ultimate striker block.

2) Sights - dawson FO front, still deciding if I want to keep factory rear, dawson adjustable rear, or sevigny rear.

If money were an issue, which would you do first? Part of me says save and do it all at one too so I only have to muck with removing and installing rear sight once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Love the Apex sear and USB.

I've been playing with front sights, (proud owner of 3 Dawson's), and would definitely go with the adjustable rear and .285 front.

You'll save money and be able to adjust for different loads.

If its not a pro model I say sights. The sevigny competition set is hard to beat. Just like the previous member posted do your own. I would hold off buying the USB. You can polish the orginal and get pretty much the same effect. Buy a pro sear from SSS for like $25 and your set.

You could always buy sights right now and a set of apex competition springs. The spring kit is only about $20. Even though it wouldnt really change the feel of the trigger, it would make it lighter. Then you just need to replace the sear and striker block later.

if i were you, i would make sure i actually like a fiber-optic sight before spending money on one, esp if you have to have someone else install it. I tried one and never seemed to be able to get used to it, and I seem to shoot faster and more accurately with a plain black front sight.

The rear sight on an m&p is very easy to replace. Also the apex parts are pretty easy even for a newbie. Apex has some youtube vids that walk you through it.

I did the trigger first on mine. If I were doing it again, I'd do the sights first.

I have a Pro & I still ended up going with some Warren Sevigny sights first. Then after that i got the Apex Comp AEK installed. Everything was used but the trigger return spring stayed stock. I was having issues with the super light Apex TRS.

This was all before i ever shot my first match tho. In retrospect, it all depends on how much you train with your gun. If you feel that a better trigger will help you shoot better go with that, and vice versa on the sights. Personally, I am glad i went with the sights first.

I've got the Apex hard sear, RAM, and reduced power return/sear springs in my Production gun, and I love it. The sights are fine for me so far, but I've never done any experimenting with various widths of rear and front. However, a sight pusher is a great thing to have if you want to mess with them.